Welcome To P8ntballer.com
The Home Of European Paintball

Some tips on safe selling and buying

Buddha 3

Hamfist McPunchalot
In order to make sure that buying or selling an item through this website as safe and hassle free as possible, here are some hints and tips. Guys, feel free to add your own tips as long as they are sensible. Nonsense will be removed.

- When buying something, make sure you buy your gear from a trusted seller. Look to see if the seller has a feedback thread, most reputable sellers are Platinum members and have one of these threads. If the seller is not a Plat or has very little feedback (because he has not made any sales before for instance), ask him for contact details of known forum members that can vouch for him.
- When selling something, do not send your items before money has been received.
- Expensive items, such as markers should always be sent recorded delivery. You know it makes sense.
- If at all possible, try to do business face to face. That way nothing can go wrong.

zipatronic

I Want That One
Oct 4, 2006
Derby
i have just got myself plat membership and i have sold 1 or 2 items on here before getting it can i now get feedback from these prev sales??

Dskize

I Would
Dec 6, 2004
Duntryin
yes you can just add your self on the feedback forum and ask the geezers to vouch for you

I know Buddha has mentioned this but

Guys ..no matter what the transaction is I always ALWAYS use royal mail recorded (or special if its a marker) delivery ..I re-iterate ALWAYS, you might save 80p on delivery but all that has to happen is some-one says they didn't get it and your stuck with the blame ..its worth the extra as it's always traceable and you have the record ..DO IT :)

Sign up to Paypal and get a confirmed card and address.and use it for all transactions .again ..you have a comeback method if you get ripped .

And as much as I hate to say it, personally..i dont buy off anyone that i haven't dealt with before anymore ..anyone that seems like a 14 year old scrote using text speak and PB nation bull**** needs carefully checked out and if they screw up once (Andy C14/Ash 22 whatever) DONT deal with them ever again ...these ripped off threads are getting very boring and I'm loosing sympathy with a lot of people for being arses . "DANTHEMAN "....Buy this... 2 good 2 be true.... Buy it now.... crazy prices..." are you seeing the flashing lights yet ? WARNING WARNING Bart Simpson ...geddit.

beanbag83

I'm either drunk or high
Feb 12, 2006
King's Lynn, Norfolk, England
Felt this would be a good time to point out the differences between Recorded and Special Delivery:

Recorded: Signed for only at point of delivery. Transported with normal first/second class mail. Insurance not included.

Special: Garunteed next day delivery by 1pm (or 9am) Signed for at delivery point and tracked at each office it passes through. Transpoted seperate from other forms of mail with extra security. Insured up to £5000 (i think) for loss/damage.

Basically, all you get when you pay for recorded delivery is proof of delivery. It is no more secure than being sent first or second class. and is NOT tracked in the system. Only when delivered.
So i'd recomend sending anything valuable Special delivery.

Fish

CF6
May 15, 2006
Central London
Recorded is insured upto the item value of £38 i do believe... or thats what the litte card said last time i looked :)

Special delivery was £800 but i do believe has been increased. and costs as little as £4.19 to send something that way :D

i send waaaay too much stuff ;) :p

if you send something out, then give the person the tracking number too. it makes you seem more reliable, trustworthy and honest.

simply, if youre selling or buying, act in a way that youd like to be sold something, or have something bought off you... and if you treat others how youd like to be treated, then you can only hope to make the bad traders stick out a mile off! :rolleyes:

happy trading :)

Buddha 3

Hamfist McPunchalot
i have just got myself plat membership and i have sold 1 or 2 items on here before getting it can i now get feedback from these prev sales??
Yes, all sales made before you got your Plat membership can be used for reference.
Simply put, you're a Plat, you can have a feedback thread. When the actual sales took place.....who cares. ;)

drmaccon

The Doc
Sep 19, 2006
Midlands- Leicester
yeah!

totally know whats its like to be ripped off!lol!

No-doubt most of you have read the thread on newbies and some of you have been in the situation before! Its tough cause there's relatively little you can do about it for a long time- especially when someone doesnt even send it recorded and then claims its your fault that it never arrived!!!!

Even if people have dealt well before, its still no guarantee and I'd advise printing out a copy of the thread and all pms as you go, so that going to police/ small claims court is much easier.
Oh- plus if you trade and their stuff doesnt turn up then claim for the cost of replacing your stuff NEW! at least they'll learn not to rip people off though!!!!

Lesson learnt!:rolleyes: