Welcome To P8ntballer.com
The Home Of European Paintball

somebody call the doctor?

Liam92

#16 Reading Entity
Nov 4, 2009
Glasgow, Scotland
right i've never had anything like this before! i got shot on the side of the head by a punter a few weeks ago at work, but only just noticed in the past few days that its formed into a really hard really small lump, kinda like a pea size. doesnt hurt at all but if i press down on it its kinda sore.

so has anybody else been stuck with something like this or do i need to get the scalpel treatment? :D

Liam92

#16 Reading Entity
Nov 4, 2009
Glasgow, Scotland
obviously well used to getting a couple of lumps every now and again but just finding it a bit odd how the swelling has sort of just condensed into this dot instead of dying down. might see about getting to the GP later in the week

Reactions: Bolter

Missy-Q

300lb of Chocolate Love
Jul 31, 2007
Harlem, NY
You're lucky you just have a lump.
After reading a popular paintball forum over the weekend, I thought it would be cool to have someone shoot a paintball directly at my unprotected face, and attempt to catch the ball in my mouth. I thought this would be a no-brainer, as I've reffed a few games in my time...

Well, after the unbelievable pain began, as if by magic, my throat closed up immediately, and I started to die. Then, this guy did this crazy magic trick, where he punctured my windpipe and performed an emergency trachiotomy. It was totally intense. Great viewing!

The whole thing was obviously filmed, so hopefully we can send it in to fxxxing Beadle or Barrymore or some other tortured TV-failure, and maybe even get some screen-time!

Sorry - mods closed the fun-thread before I had a chance to post in it...

Liam92

#16 Reading Entity
Nov 4, 2009
Glasgow, Scotland
You're lucky you just have a lump.
After reading a popular paintball forum over the weekend, I thought it would be cool to have someone shoot a paintball directly at my unprotected face, and attempt to catch the ball in my mouth. I thought this would be a no-brainer, as I've reffed a few games in my time...

Well, after the unbelievable pain began, as if by magic, my throat closed up immediately, and I started to die. Then, this guy did this crazy magic trick, where he punctured my windpipe and performed an emergency trachiotomy. It was totally intense. Great viewing!

The whole thing was obviously filmed, so hopefully we can send it in to fxxxing Beadle or Barrymore or some other tortured TV-failure, and maybe even get some screen-time!

Sorry - mods closed the fun-thread before I had a chance to post in it...
sweet hijack, i commend your efforts! :D but i still have a lump... :(

Rider

scottishwarriors.co.uk
doc mate. just because it happens to be in the same place, doesn't mean it's the same thing....

on the other hand, i've had lumps that have shrunk to leave a harder, smaller lump in the past - but best to be safe. you don't wnat to leave it to find out in 6 months you have melanoma.....

Liam92

#16 Reading Entity
Nov 4, 2009
Glasgow, Scotland
doc mate. just because it happens to be in the same place, doesn't mean it's the same thing....

on the other hand, i've had lumps that have shrunk to leave a harder, smaller lump in the past - but best to be safe. you don't wnat to leave it to find out in 6 months you have melanoma.....
gee thanks you've not scared me at all! :p

think its safe to say i'll go get the nice nurse to have a wee looky

Missy-Q

300lb of Chocolate Love
Jul 31, 2007
Harlem, NY
gee thanks you've not scared me at all! :p

think its safe to say i'll go get the nice nurse to have a wee looky
You should probably burn or cut yourself or something before you go. That way, you can go to the docs for the burn/cut, which is totally legit, and then while you're there you can ask him about the lump on your head.
if you go in there with just a lump on the head, and the doc says, "did you get hit with anything?", and you say, "yes, a paintball, on that exact spot", he's just going to say "wait a while". Then, after work, he's going to take the complete piss out of you, and joke with the nurses about "that guy - he was soooo gay" etc.

Trust me, cut yourself first, and make it a decent cut too, otherwise you're then the guy that went to the docs with a tiny cut, and then asked about the lump on his head, which is 'OMGSFG'.