Welcome To P8ntballer.com
The Home Of European Paintball

Something to be worried about?

DRxFelix

Durka Rabbits
Jan 14, 2014
Sunbury on Thames
Hi all,

Have a quick question. I have a Guerrilla CF (68cu) tank and have about 2k of air in it. I've only notice that when i knock it (a tap of the knuckle) it crackles.

Never experienced this before, is this something to worry about?

Phil

Tom

Tom
Nov 27, 2006
Salisbury
www.TaskForceDelta.co.uk
With air, as it's under high pressure - if in doubt worry a bit, but safety features do exist in cylinders.

It's normal for a depressurised cylinder to rattle - eg at the fill nipple. But we cannot say from a description what the issue is

Idealy, depressurise and have it looked at by someone' competent' (not just a bloke who has filled in the past)

If you have access to a remote line, connect up but not to a marker, open the slide check if applicable, slowly screw down the ASA on the regulator and allow the air to purge. When it stops screw down some more

If you do not have a remote then you can use your gun - preferably disconnect the macro line so if does not feed air to the gun, if you have an on/off ASA then switch on and slowly screw the cylinder into the ASA

DRxFelix

Durka Rabbits
Jan 14, 2014
Sunbury on Thames
With air, as it's under high pressure - if in doubt worry a bit, but safety features do exist in cylinders.

It's normal for a depressurised cylinder to rattle - eg at the fill nipple. But we cannot say from a description what the issue is

Idealy, depressurise and have it looked at by someone' competent' (not just a bloke who has filled in the past)

If you have access to a remote line, connect up but not to a marker, open the slide check if applicable, slowly screw down the ASA on the regulator and allow the air to purge. When it stops screw down some more

If you do not have a remote then you can use your gun - preferably disconnect the macro line so if does not feed air to the gun, if you have an on/off ASA then switch on and slowly screw the cylinder into the ASA
Thanks for the reply. I may have to do that. I can't find anything on the web about what im experiencing, not really what adjective to use when explaining the noise. If I can explain the noise more its sort of loke rice crispys crackling. Its very faint however.

did243

Luxe/GOG Tech
Feb 17, 2012
Thanks for the reply. I may have to do that. I can't find anything on the web about what im experiencing, not really what adjective to use when explaining the noise. If I can explain the noise more its sort of loke rice crispys crackling. Its very faint however.
sounds vaguely like an oring crackle, where is the leak coming from?

DRxFelix

Durka Rabbits
Jan 14, 2014
Sunbury on Thames
sounds vaguely like an oring crackle, where is the leak coming from?
Its not a leak at all, no loss of pressure either from the week I have left it.

The crackling has now stopped when i knock it. It now just resonates the small impact i make.

I will still enquire with Tiberius though (thanks @Bolter ) just to explain the circumstances.

Thanks all, ill give an update when i can

Phil

Reactions: Bolter

DRxFelix

Durka Rabbits
Jan 14, 2014
Sunbury on Thames
Got a response and i will not be awoken with a loud BANG in the middle of the night. :)

The wonderful 'Gio' explained that it is the needle gauge I am hearing; this is turn causes a small echo in the tank. Every time I tapped it, I heard the needle/coil vibrating which I interpreted as crackling.

Reactions: Bolter