The Home Of European Paintball

Sorry for the weather from the NQ

Status
Not open for further replies.

Luke W

The Firm
Oct 7, 2006
Salford
My last post on this thread (unless someone needs seriously correcting...)

Ok well as i can just see this thread descending in too a slagging match so i'm gonna try and leave it here.

first off mate, what have you achieved in your post, Markie has done a good job of salvaging/explaining a terrible day, for anyone to say it was not a bad day is either lying or stupid. I am satisfied with Markie's response and the action he has taken.
What I have achieved in my post, as far as I'm concerned is answered everything I thought needed answering.

Secondly thank you for your condolences that these guys had to play with ego 8's, and i think that making them invisible is a great invention, invisible paint! this should be sold to the army! there were 5 people i was speaking to who had paid for these guns and they got nothing, not an etek not an ego 5,6,7 or 8. yes i understand some people managed to have a go on an ego 8 but that does not make up for the fact these 5 didn't have any thing to play with. Markie has again addressed this so it would be nice if you would stop telling lies.
As we have done in the past, those wanting to hire a marker set-up weren't charged for it, as they wouldn't be hiring a marker for the whole day, just when they were about to play. (Makes sense to me:rolleyes:)
And this isn't a lie. Feel free to tell me what I've said is a lie, because it was either a mistake on my behalf (I'm only human) or a mistake on your behalf (you're only human as well:))

third, you say you cant play anywhere for a green fee of 10er indoor. first off i paid £15 to play, as did most people, as that was the green fee. and guess what, for £15 pounds you can play indoor! urban indoor in Wolverhampton, a great INDOOR site i may add, so please get your facts right.
As far as I know everybody was given a £5 refund at the end of the day, if you were the guy who paid via PayPal, then Markie was asking for you today...
And I'm not the sort of person who likes to slag off other sites, but isn't Urban Indoor the punter site with the sup'air field on the concrete flooring?

finally this bloody crono issue is driving my crazy.
here is the events as they happened, I wanted to play, so i wanted to crono, as there wasn't one obvious i borrowed my mate's, it did not work, so i asked a marshal, he said he would go look, he came back and said the battery wasn't in it or didn't work or something like that and that therefore the crono wasnt working, we asked what batteries does it take, which he did not know. thus there was no working crono at the time, this was around 12.
so yes there was a crono, but it wasn't working, thus at that point in time it was just a really heavy, wet , paper weight.
I asked for help, and as far as i was concerned i received it. if a marshal says it dont work then i trust him.
If the chrono is that heavy to you, you might wanna hit the gym sometime, god knows how you can keep your gun up.:)
Sorry, the marshall you're speaking of obviously wasn't completely sure where the battery for the chrono was. Once again, we're only human.

also if you feel you want to have a go and defend the northern quarter feel free, i don't care!
today was not a good day, that is the complaint, not that the northern quarter is evil or anything like that.
I do feel that I want to defend NQ, however, I'm not having a go at you, just pointing out the facts (yes, I know I;m being hypocrytical because in this post I've been personal, but anything personal has been said as a joke, hence the smilies).

i am only replying because frankly luke you are so wrong it is untrue!
Never really thought replying to a quote with a quote made sense, but...
"if you feel you want to have a go...feel free, i don't care!"

Luke.

EDIT: I give up, if you're just gonna quote what I say and say it's untrue and lies, then go ahead, but don't expect a reply.

Millennium Man

Manchester Outlawz
well if i can just add my pennys worth..
I had exactly the same situation as markie last weekend with the weather i was on site at 5am and was still trying to correct things by the time the boys turned up. I could have been there a week before and would have made no difference at all.. The only reason we stayed open and dealt with all the crap that was thrown at us that day was because it was all for charity. So things like gettin the bunkers and the netting sorted are top priority. and the rest comes after. So i have a fantastic idea as everyone got a refund on the day why dont you all buy some raffle tickets for the North v South Charity event and try and understand how difficult it is getting a site ready when fighting against all the weather conditions at once.
Heres the link http://www.p8ntballer-forums.com/vb/showthread.php?t=94127

Rob
D7's North

PreacherMan

Like a moth to the flame
Nov 2, 2006
Midlands
I have been to other NQ days and they have been great days....

Axesse's points though are completely relevant for today

Markies response was needed and welcomed

and any other comments made were irelevant or biased (but lets not knock our friends standing by us)

lets all look forward to the next event :)

THE END MOVE ON

sean2

The Firm FTW
Oct 1, 2007
Chester
To the people slagging Northern Quarter, I don't think that it got such a good reputation by being ****. Today was how it was because of the weather so stop being bitches and shut up.

And Luke did advise my friend:)

PreacherMan

Like a moth to the flame
Nov 2, 2006
Midlands
To the people slagging Northern Quarter, I don't think that it got such a good reputation by being ****. Today was how it was because of the weather so stop being bitches and shut up.

And Luke did advise my friend:)

DID I NOT TELL YOU THEIR IS NOTHING LEFT TO SEE HERE SO MOVE ON :confused:

see you all next time and lets look forward to posting up on the next NQ event and some more Videos from Musefrog -

Sc0tt0n_007

Run and Fight another Day
But the chrono was working though!!!! No problems with it that I saw....

*EDIT*oops, Sorry didn't realise that issue had been cleared up

Quite frankly about the weather - Thank God it wasn't like what I experianced at the airfield yesterday: 42Knts winds, rainging cats and dogs and aircraft blowing around needing tying down, hence I enjoyed today far more, whats a spot of rain? It December, Winter? Always gonna be cold and wet, why come if you didn't like it?

Seany

www.northernquarterpb.com
Mar 19, 2007
Northern Quarter
www.corruptedpb.com
i know its already been said but sorry for today guys, worked my arse off today, got there at just gone half 7 hoping to be on site early to see what the weather has left us, but didnt get onto teh farm untill atleast 20 to 9.....
anything that could of gone wrong did go wrong
bunkers with 6inch holes in them becasue of rodents, netting facked up, compressor not working, chrono battery misplaced, the list goes on...

we gave you guys a choice, you opted to play and we worked our arses trying to make it work but things just wouldnt happen ....

fair play to you guys who stayed but yah know, not every day is perfect as im sure all of you who have been before (especially in the summer) know what a great day these tournies can be with games constantly rolling all day, today just wasnt our day i dont think....

anyway can we give the bashing a rest, pretty much **** all we could do but we tried ...

hope to see you ALL again to see what a real day at NQ is like, we will be working our asses off all december to make repairs/improvements to the best training site there is.

Status
Not open for further replies.