Welcome To P8ntballer.com
The Home Of European Paintball

SP at it again...

Jonny 03

www.carlisle-reball.co.uk
So is the whole issue over the gas through grip? If so do SP have anything on it considering its usage before the patent (basing this on the description Skeet mentioned)? If so surely the original manufacturer of such a design will have the last say?

TheGurkha

WeSellCookers
Mar 15, 2006
BIRMINGSPAM
www.facebook.com
... will they try and patent goggles next? am i corect in saying its SP that have patented barrel socks? :confused: i know WDP cant supply them with thier Markers any more, hence the buttplug that comes with the A1...

onasilverbike

I'm a country member!
... will they try and patent goggles next? am i corect in saying its SP that have patented barrel socks? :confused: i know WDP cant supply them with thier Markers any more, hence the buttplug that comes with the A1...
I heard it was because they didn't like to pay the royalty on the patent that cost more than the manufacturing costs of the barrel sock in the 1st place ;)

Remember when you used to use a barrel bag to keep your plug from flying off and twatting some poor git in the face :)

TheGurkha

WeSellCookers
Mar 15, 2006
BIRMINGSPAM
www.facebook.com
I heard it was because they didn't like to pay the royalty on the patent that cost more than the manufacturing costs of the barrel sock in the 1st place ;)

Remember when you used to use a barrel bag to keep your plug from flying off and twatting some poor git in the face :)
having a patent on ANY safety equipment is god damn bollocks. and im not saying that in the sense that anyone should be able to produce such products, of course they should be safety passed before being produced on a retail scale.

and what you 'heard' isnt totally true... but thats not what the thread is about :D:eek:

pyroLX

Kowabunga Dude!
Oct 14, 2007
Athens, GR
This looks more like a patent application and not a lawsuit..

anyways, even if it IS a lawsuit, as long as someone has proof of a technology being used PRIOR to being patented there's no chance on earth they will lose. And this patent is dated april 2007, ages after the mini was out.

A good quote from the nation...

"patenting the route the air takes is just stupid, might as well patent a car having 4 wheels"

haha