Welcome To P8ntballer.com
The Home Of European Paintball

SP at it again...

Jakey C

Jake Cross
May 28, 2006
wirral
SP are so greedy it's unreal! If Kee Action Sports can prove that the design had been in production and been used before the patent was formed then they should win.

Anyone fancy a Boycot????

If SP win then I will try to never buy an SP product ever again! Business is a harsh world but not only are SP wrecking another company for financial gain but they are also hurting paintball as an industy:mad: Iam sure that SP will lose more finance than they gain purely because of people not buying their gear/markers e.t.c if SP win against Invert.
In all honesty, I dont think it will make a difference, Win or lose smart parts will continue to sell the same amount of gear they always have. You honestly think everyone would just stop using ION's and shockers? :rolleyes:

Rabies

Trogdor!
Jul 1, 2002
London, UK
Nobody is suing anyone. This is not a lawsuit, this is a patent application (rather an extension to an existing application.) SP would have to be granted the patent first, which isn't a given, particularly if interested parties point out prior art (this is why patent applications are made public.) And many companies acquire patents not in order to sue other people, but to protect themselves from being sued by another party.

Polly

SoManc!
May 30, 2006
****ehole West Yorkshire
www.myspace.com
y'all need to read it first, nowhere in there does it say anything about legal action against anyone its just a patent, yet they probably will use it to sue once they've finished on everyone else. everyone should just stop buying SP products, its not like they are really any good anyway.

SP FTL!!

Fisz

Ka mate!
Jun 10, 2006
There's a couple people out there who are doing everything they can to stop SP from getting this patent, and maybe even getting the infamous shocker patent revoked (if that's is possible at all). They're not doing it because they are making money in paintball, they just had enough of BS.

I wish them luck.

Rabies

Trogdor!
Jul 1, 2002
London, UK
check out the date, aug 2007!
The date may be relevant because the rules concerning continuation applications is due to change, and will apply to any application or continuation filed on or after 21 Aug 2007. They may have been getting the application in before that date so as not to be hindered by the new rules.

O

ollytheosteo

For anyone that, like me, hasn't been keeping an eye on this thread it might be worth having another look as Billy Gardner actually comes onto the board and starts talking to the SP bashers. From page 16 onwards you have industry heavyweights and intellectuals like Tom Kaye and Doc Nickel hauling him over the coals on such subjects as the Magic Box, patents and lawsuits and why exactly Tom quit, and it's a truly amazing read that, knowing the players and forum concerned, may not stay up for ever.
For me, having read what BG has to say and the answers he gives to straight questions, my considered and thoughtful response would have to be......

**** Smart Parts:D

I'm off to give my AKA guns a cuddle and tell them that they will be avenged. Reading Tom Kaye talking about the way things used to be and the way they are now made me a saaaad panda:(

Sid Sidgwick

Tinkering ain’t easy
Sos, this thread;

http://www.pbnation.com/showthread.php?t=2397602&page=16

I didn't read the original post that well and thus thought there was a link to the relevant PBN thread:eek:

But it's not my fault, I suffer from dislecksa and amnesha and all the other self-diagnosed internet ailments, plus I have Asperger's, Tourette's and p8AIDS.
What a brilliant thread Olly, with Batfink like wings Mr Gardner managed to deflect most comments by simply re-iterating himself. Well if it works for governments.....