The Home Of European Paintball

Specific 3-man drills

AUPaintSoc

(o)(o)
Jul 19, 2005
Aberdeen
www.abdn.ac.uk
Hey guys,
Just wondering what you guys think are the best 3-man specific drills and techniques. Breakouts, specific roles, positions etc etc... Im not so interested in personal techniques, more how the team should work...

Cheers!
Mark

cookie_834

P8ntball killed me....
Oct 28, 2004
in a house with a window
Visit site
3 man team? practise for uttoxeter?

running and gunning would be a good one to practice

find a barrel or a box or something and stick it in the middle of the lane to one of the outside corners. now get your guys to walk quick/run to the outside corner while gunning. then thyll learn how to a) run and gun so they can move bunkers and gun a position if needed b) how to lane a zone.

then when youve got that going get someone to do the oppisite back to them, see how they cope under the pressure of being shot back at.

another drill you can do is set up half a field. have a snake down the tape(zipper style ie sausage brick sausage brick etc), two corners, a center, and a mid brick (all in one half of a field). 3 a side,1st one to touch a mid bunker ( so one in the snake or one of the mid ones) wins. this will teach you how as a team you can put a player into a killer bunker and how to lock the field down to stop it happening to you.

if anyone disagrees with that lot then feel free to correct me or say something yourself

sabianfan

Jan 11, 2005
Grantham Lincolnshire
in three man u need to have all guns up on the break so i would practise running and shooting as cookie said, you might wanna practice something called jousting which is where you simulate a breakout but have two people running towads each other shooting at each other, this helps ure breakouts and running and shooting also one guy must shoot right handed (going to a bunker on the right hand side) and the other guy shoot left this way it trains up both hands.
hope that helps

Skeet

Platinum Member
Originally posted by sabianfan
in three man u need to have all guns up on the break so i would practise running and shooting as cookie said, you might wanna practice something called jousting which is where you simulate a breakout but have two people running towads each other shooting at each other, this helps ure breakouts and running and shooting also one guy must shoot right handed (going to a bunker on the right hand side) and the other guy shoot left this way it trains up both hands.
hope that helps
Actually...its not so much running towars each other, but one runs down one tape, and the other runs down teh other tape, at opposite ends of teh field...shootinga t each other all teh wy.