Welcome To P8ntballer.com
The Home Of European Paintball

Speed Posting......

Tony Harrison

What is your beef with the Mac?
Mar 13, 2007
Whilst trying to figure out how speed posting and access to the classified section are inextricably linked, I stumbled across another phenomenon - a link between speed posting and exotic user names.

So, I think we should have a thread were we can post up the best forum names of the week.

The standout one for me this week - so far - is "Lilgutters2000".

I'm still trying to work out the link between speed posting and necro threads.

Oct 5, 2002
Sauf Koast
Speed posting has ruined the forum imo also the new accounts that actually contribute after reaching the golden 20 posts are few and far between. Im guessing fb has a lot to do with it

Dusty

Don't run, you'll only die tired....
May 19, 2004
Northern Ireland
Speed posting doesn't help, there's a 2 or 3 week delay between joining and getting access to the classifieds. If numptys actually read the forum they'd realise this.

We should call this the runners thread where all new speedposters get named and shamed :D

Reactions: lettucecheesecake

James ECI

UK Woodland Masters
Jul 31, 2007
Kent
If the new guys speed posting is simply to gain access to the for sale, can we not change our tactic with it?

Lower the post count, keep the waiting period? Encourage more reporting of rubbish posted.

Also, in regards to sales threads, would it be possible to create a new sub forum, where we could allow only certain sellers to post, allowing anyone to buy?

These would be those that had been trading a long time, know how the system works - E.g Paypal, you only post to the address associated to the account.

idk if thats even possible with the limitations of the forum

We could also hide the other sales sections

Tom

Tom
Nov 27, 2006
Salisbury
www.TaskForceDelta.co.uk
Also, in regards to sales threads, would it be possible to create a new sub forum, where we could allow only certain sellers to post, allowing anyone to buy?

These would be those that had been trading a long time, know how the system works - E.g Paypal, you only post to the address associated to the account.
The 20 post rule etc were not introduced to put control onto sellers, but were caused by buyers - in particular with relation to a dodgy buyer who abused the system with regard to PayPal siding with the buyer

Initially the seller fell into the trap of losing the tracking reference (and saying so) which magically turned into the item not arriving, until the seller found the tracking reference and thus confirmation of delivery with the recipients name, - of course his father had the same name and took the package but forgot to tell his son it had arrived .....

James ECI

UK Woodland Masters
Jul 31, 2007
Kent
The 20 post rule etc were not introduced to put control onto sellers, but were caused by buyers - in particular with relation to a dodgy buyer who abused the system with regard to PayPal siding with the buyer

Initially the seller fell into the trap of losing the tracking reference (and saying so) which magically turned into the item not arriving, until the seller found the tracking reference and thus confirmation of delivery with the recipients name, - of course his father had the same name and took the package but forgot to tell his son it had arrived .....
I didnt say it was to control the seller :cautious:

Also if the seller is stupid enough to lose the tracking details then more fool them...

When I sell i take every precaution to ensure a smooth transaction.

Maybe I'm just tired of having to sell on facebook :rolleyes: I'm a one thread sort of guy :love:

Tom

Tom
Nov 27, 2006
Salisbury
www.TaskForceDelta.co.uk
No, but your suggestion was pretty much the system before the rule.
It gets posted up every now and then by the new member claiming they are ok and trust worthy because they just want to buy

Also if the seller is stupid enough to lose the tracking details then more fool them...[/QUOTE]
It was foolish of him - and to immediately say so
But from the outcome the chances were that the buyer was fully intending to be fraudulent