Welcome To P8ntballer.com
The Home Of European Paintball

Speedball/Airball (Any SupAir near Middlesbrough)

nathan135

Apr 15, 2020
I have played paintball a dozen times in the past year but it all seems to be woods ball and no speedball /airball i want to play paintball that is closer to playing tournament style paintball however i cant seem to find any near my location i'm from the north east of England and every close paintball field to me only does woods ball or speed ball with barrels for cover. does any one know of any air ball locations near middlesbrough.

Tom

Tom
Nov 27, 2006
Salisbury
www.TaskForceDelta.co.uk
I have played paintball a dozen times in the past year but it all seems to be woods ball and no speedball /airball i want to play paintball that is closer to playing tournament style paintball however i cant seem to find any near my location i'm from the north east of England and every close paintball field to me only does woods ball or speed ball with barrels for cover. does any one know of any air ball locations near middlesbrough.
I’ve made a stealth moderator edit to see if it highlights the question to anyone in your area.

CPPS have a world class site and run the primary national series in Penkridge near Birmingham. Provided the current Covid situation moves on in time they will be hosting one of the European legs of the NXL

The advantage of the CPPS site puts teams together from across the country in divisions from entry level to elite, and though it can take hours it is manageable to travel.
The disadvantage is that teams want to practice up against teams of the same standard (or higher to stretch themselves)
This means that in the lead up to an event they will travel to CPPS (for the teams and right layout) and complement this with general practice / skills at their local site, which is advantageous with inflatables but not essential.
That means the expense of a current set of bunkers, maintaining a good standard of ground, and the setup/clean/packdown/storage/maintence is high in comparison to income.
The true money for sites comes from rental customers who are satisfied with an old school speedball zone.
Some sites do have inflatables - and may have them but not put them out, and a few other tournaments have been going on but have fell in numbers (if they still occur)

Someone more local may be able to give pointers for your area

nathan135

Apr 15, 2020
I’ve made a stealth moderator edit to see if it highlights the question to anyone in your area.

CPPS have a world class site and run the primary national series in Penkridge near Birmingham. Provided the current Covid situation moves on in time they will be hosting one of the European legs of the NXL

The advantage of the CPPS site puts teams together from across the country in divisions from entry level to elite, and though it can take hours it is manageable to travel.
The disadvantage is that teams want to practice up against teams of the same standard (or higher to stretch themselves)
This means that in the lead up to an event they will travel to CPPS (for the teams and right layout) and complement this with general practice / skills at their local site, which is advantageous with inflatables but not essential.
That means the expense of a current set of bunkers, maintaining a good standard of ground, and the setup/clean/packdown/storage/maintence is high in comparison to income.
The true money for sites comes from rental customers who are satisfied with an old school speedball zone.
Some sites do have inflatables - and may have them but not put them out, and a few other tournaments have been going on but have fell in numbers (if they still occur)

Someone more local may be able to give pointers for your area

are there any teams in the north of England that does airball/speed ball?