Welcome To P8ntballer.com
The Home Of European Paintball

speedball gun for woodsball/scenario paintball

Liam92

#16 Reading Entity
Nov 4, 2009
Glasgow, Scotland
Axe is a decent gun sort of in that price point but personally i'd go with an etha or etek. I'm not as much of a fan of the trigger and ASA on the axe (although they do the job more than fine) and the board is a bit of a pain in the ass with the 'preset modes', and it wipes your settings when you change your battery! Etek is probably going to be more efficient than the etha for woodsball but to me it seems a lot louder and you may prefer the feel of the inline poppet design of the etha in your hands than the etek when its in your hands.

in a nutshell there's more for your money with an etek/etha without the agro of the axe board, and having dealt with the tech support of both companies, I'd say planet eclipse outperforms kee in this area.

Reactions: Ciarann13

Davidlancs

Dont hate the game,hate the player!
Jun 19, 2013
Lancashire,darwen
Yeh get an etek,or if you want quieter then if im right in saying the geo is much quieter! Youl pick up a decent 2nd hand geo 2.1 for 500 no problem in the classified!!!

Game

Doing men things to men in the woods atm
Nov 21, 2004
Dereham,Norfolk
this old chestnut

you can use any gun you like in the woods and no it doesn't have to look like a soldiers weapon which none off them really do anyways

RestlessFish

CAAAAAAAAAAAAWWW
Mar 20, 2013
i prefer using woodsball guns for woodsball/scenario because i like to think its replicating war sort of. :)

Kevin Winter

Dec 10, 2008
We shoot paintballs, not bullets! The evolution of military firearms is all about function and practicality when firing bullets, not to make them cool looking. Firing paintballs is a totally different situation and the only markers designed to fire them without compromise are speedball markers. They will be more efficient, lighter, faster, and superior in almost every regard. The only things a mil-sim does better are looks, which cause the other aspects of the marker to be a compromise. The reason you only find milsim/woodsball markers in the woods is not because they are better in that situation; it's because their drawbacks are masked by the environment they are being used in. As for the durability aspect - bull IMHO. It's not like we smack them against trees or throw them about - playing snake, I reckon I give my marker far more stick than any woodsballer, and I've never had an issue.

I've no issue with people wanting to use milsim markers, but to claim they are better in any circumstances aside from milsim play is daft.

Nov 27, 2012
Airsoft >Paintball if you want milsim play, honestly. BBs have better range and better accuracy than paintballs, and the guns look awesome whilst being high performance (if you get a good one made by a good company). I used to think Milsim paintball guns were cool until I discovered airsoft. I only play paintball these days with tourney guns.

Game

Doing men things to men in the woods atm
Nov 21, 2004
Dereham,Norfolk
Airsoft >Paintball if you want milsim play, honestly. BBs have better range and better accuracy than paintballs, and the guns look awesome whilst being high performance (if you get a good one made by a good company). I used to think Milsim paintball guns were cool until I discovered airsoft. I only play paintball these days with tourney guns.
had no interest what so ever in milsim paintball but the choice is woodsball paintball or airsoft since I cant afford to play supair and airsoft wins hands down