Welcome To P8ntballer.com
The Home Of European Paintball

Speedball vs Woodsball marker

frenchy2475

I have quit...
Jun 17, 2009
Wiltshire
Excellent choice going for an Etek 4. A gun that can do both speedball and woodsball in its stride.

Welcome to the Planet Eclipse family

big JME

Crimson Skulls
May 3, 2012
Wolverhampton
www.CrimsonSkulls.co.uk
thank you, went down to the site on saturday because i hadnt got much work to do, chrono reads 278-298, with 288fps as its average which isnt bad. found it chops balls when my tank pressure is low 600psi or lower. Filled my tank 3 times and shot through about 920 paintballs, with the following 2 fills; (bottle is 3k 0.8L)

2000psi
1700psi

so not too bad, although i so need to watch the trigger, get a little trigger happy. went through all those paintballs in maybe 5 minutes on the target range. now i see why people use 4 boxes a day. Did notice i must have spikes though, found some paintballs were swerving really badly, its really accurate but those random balls im unsure of. i tried old paintballs (2 months old) and new and got the same on both. Anyone found this before? i know they sometimes need the LPR adjusting once the marker has been broken in, its shot around 2k paintballs now. i dont know anyone with one that knows much on adjusting them, will have to read the manual later, and hopefully someone can help me on here :)

p.s. i have cleaned my barrel, and did it rather often actually to ensure there was nothing in the barrel causing it, and checked for leaks but none were found

Last edited:

frenchy2475

I have quit...
Jun 17, 2009
Wiltshire
I wouldn't worry about the odd ball swerving. You will always get the odd ball that is slightly mis-shaped that will swerve. It's a bit odd that it chops balls when it gets below 600psi. Chops should never happen as that's what the eyes are for. Are you sure that they are not barrel brakes? Is there paint on the face of the bolt or in the breach?

I would leave the lpr where it is. Any planet guns always get more consistent and smoother the more paint you put through them. If you look on pbnation in the etek sub group there is plenty of info about dwell and lpr settings.

niallist

SPS - First 9
Nov 2, 2008
London
Swervy balls can be caused by oil/lube/paint on the bolt surface.

Whip the bolt out, give it and the breech a clean. Little bit of oil on the 2 wee indents before you put it back in.

big JME

Crimson Skulls
May 3, 2012
Wolverhampton
www.CrimsonSkulls.co.uk
I wouldn't worry about the odd ball swerving. You will always get the odd ball that is slightly mis-shaped that will swerve. It's a bit odd that it chops balls when it gets below 600psi. Chops should never happen as that's what the eyes are for. Are you sure that they are not barrel brakes? Is there paint on the face of the bolt or in the breach?

I would leave the lpr where it is. Any planet guns always get more consistent and smoother the more paint you put through them. If you look on pbnation in the etek sub group there is plenty of info about dwell and lpr settings.
well its weird because they completely pop inside the marker. I have paint splat everywhere but the barrel was clean, perhaps it popped at the end of the barrel. I put a squeegie down the barrel and checked it, nothing atall. yet weirdly after it popped the balls were really losing power and going everywhere. must just be the way the bottle is giving out the pressure and making them go very weird. Although the marker only requires i think its around 175psi and the tank is giving out 600psi, its still lower then the 800psi for the reg. i can clearly see the difference when it drops below 800psi, ooo well :) just though its best to say before i go convince myself its something wrong.

frenchy2475

I have quit...
Jun 17, 2009
Wiltshire
It maybe worth trying a different tank. My gf runs an etek 3 on a 48/45 tank and all she gets when it's running low is the balls just loose velocity, it never chops. I would always use a fresh good quality battery at the start of the day. Duracell procells are cheap as chips off eBay.

big JME

Crimson Skulls
May 3, 2012
Wolverhampton
www.CrimsonSkulls.co.uk
the issue i have is my paintball site dont fill 4.5k only 3k. and i cant really afford another tank after spending £380 on my etek, need to save up for my dye rotor. im stuck using a gravity feed hopper at the moment, yet still manage to burn through paint. i must admit the balls only pop when i am shooting rapidly, i have good trigger fingers lmao

big JME

Crimson Skulls
May 3, 2012
Wolverhampton
www.CrimsonSkulls.co.uk
yep way too fast, i emptied the rotor in seconds when i lent one, so the normal hopper has no chance :) i keep the eyes on at all times but still manage to get it when i shoot really fast. only get curve balls or pops when im shooting really fast, even with gravity i can get a solid string going. just need to learn to hold myself back now :p i was wild with my old marker, never mind this one

im going to have to start taking way more paintballs with me. i usually take a box and split it with my cousin, with some extras so usually around 1500 each, i have a horrible feeling i will need to start taking 2 boxes just for myself

Last edited: