Spelling lessons

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bambulus

Wreckballer - PMGWC#2
Nov 13, 2008
that special place.
www.leekspin.com
Any chance we could organise a few spelling, grammar and punctuation lessons on the forum? I'm not being rude, but the general standard on a lot of threads is shocking.
If we're splitting hairs...
;)

Only joking.

Yeah, I agree, although I don't think it should be the responsibility of the forum - the rules already state that a certain level of legibility and coherency is required to post here. Past that, I'd say it's really up to the individual poster to improve themselves.
:)

Cook$

Just the tip....
Jul 7, 2001
Championsville
If there's something that annoys me more than a poor speller, it's when a thread turns into a tirade about poor spelling. So in future, when a thread ends up a slanging match about spelling, or how Member X must be a tool because he can't spell/can't be bothered to spell I am going to invoke Cook$'s Law and close the thread.

I do agree with you, and poeple are lazy and dumb, but when you have to read post after post about their crap spelling it gets tedious.

So Cook$'s Law people, you heard it here first.

Ninja Edit: I spelt Spelling wrong

Reactions: Dan360

Canon Fodder

Go to your brother, kill him with your gun.
Oct 28, 2008
Lancaster
I know my spelling's bad, mainly because there's a soupcon of dsylexia in my genes and I darn't download the spell checker at work. Personally think that things like spelling aren't that important as long as the post is understandable.

Canon Fodder

Go to your brother, kill him with your gun.
Oct 28, 2008
Lancaster
okay why is the word personally twice in my post when veiwed on the forum but only once if I go to edit?

well it does on one computer at work but not the other.... maybe I've finally gone mad....

timmyh007

I think we need a bigger boat
Aug 25, 2008
Bath
I don't think we need any more reasons preventing new people coming into the sport.[/QUOTE

Who said anything about stopping people playing or preventing them from coming into our beloved sport I am just making a point that the standard of spelling is poor...

Status
Not open for further replies.