Welcome To P8ntballer.com
The Home Of European Paintball

spire or rotor?

Glorykid

The One and Only
Jul 9, 2002
MK
I have both....the Rotor is in my bag as a spare. Personal Preference though..both good loaders

roy2k14

FE
Oct 13, 2014
East Midland, United Kingdom
I have gone from a Rotor to a spire, and I have no regret at all. The spire is just as capable as Rotor at feeding a consistent stream of paints, it's also quieter, lighter and has a lower profile. I have not have a single jam problem with the Spire since I have changed from a rotor, I used to jam once in a while with rotor and once it jams, I had to take the whole thing apart and spend quite awhile to clean it before it can work smoothly again.

STONESOLDIER

Planet Eclipse
Mar 4, 2007
Manchester, Stretford
I started with a Rotor and changed to a Spire its an all round better loader in my opinion

Holds more paint, Has an anti jam system inside it and is lighter, The SF speed feeds are also a lot better

The spire is 3 Separate parts and easier to clean (Shell, Feed tray, Lid/speed feed

The Rotor is 6, Body, Top shell and 4 separate Rotor pieces

The R2 loader is lighter than both the R1 and Spire but the R2 loader now 7 pieces

The best thing the rotor has is the battery life I personally left my batteries in the loader and used it all year without having to change them

With the Spire if you left your batteries in the loader they are usually dying after 3-4 weeks with use they obviously last a lot longer if you remove them at the end of the day.

upload_2015-6-25_10-4-50.png

Attachments

Last edited:
Reactions: Spikerz

Spikerz

Super Moderator
Mar 25, 2014
I have a spire 200, and love it. Push button, it goes, it never jammed, it never had an issue. Broke a ball in it, took 30 seconds tops to clean and get back up and running. Brilliant design and I couldn't be happier.

Kevin Winter

Dec 10, 2008
I've got a pair of Rotors. Never had a serious jam in games, just once or twice had to pull the jam lever to clear something, I can strip them easily and the batteries go in in may and stay there until the end of the winter season!
A spire is certainly a little lighter and quite possibly feeds better jam wise, but my last rotor cost me £70 and the Spire starts at £90 - I can't see too much difference TBH.

Kevin Winter

Dec 10, 2008
I'd agree with some point, but the differences are minor, especially if I have to spend extra money for them. In day to day play, I'm not convinced there's a noticeable difference. Capacities are slightly better, but once you shoot the first hopperfull, you can only add a pot at a time.