Welcome To P8ntballer.com
The Home Of European Paintball

Spire - Popcorning/constant feeding.

Mclovin101

Apr 3, 2008
My 260 spire started doing some strange things on Sunday. Constantly feeding that created a popcorn affect

I have read that new batteries and change the settings might help so will try but is there a UK contact for Virtue ?? I don't really want to send thing state side

Any spoke to anyone in the UK about Virtue products ??

red dragon

red dragon
Mar 18, 2008
uk
If your Spire continues to spin extremely fast after its loaded, the G-force sensor is likely falsely detecting shots and telling the Spire to spin. Try the following solutions to solve the problem:

• Make sure the Tray is properly installed and seated securely into the loader. Make sure the loader is securely attached to the marker (with barrel cover installed).
  • Check that the Red Sensitivity setting is set to the default 4 or lower.
    • Hold in the LED cover/force feed button and turn the Spire on.
    • When the Spire turns on, release the LED button and ten release the power button.
    • Tap the LED button until the light changes to red for the G-force Sensitivity setting.
    • Hold in the LED button until it blinks (release when it starts blinking). Count the number of blinks – that is what it is currently set to and turn to 4 if it’s set to 5, or turn to 3 if it’s set to 4.
    • Tap the LED button 3 (or 4 depending on where you want to set it) times to set the value to 1. If you wait too long to enter your setting, you will need to hold the LED button in again until it blinks.
    • Turn off the Spire, fill with paint, and press the LED button to initiate an auto-force feed and check to see if spinning has stopped after it makes an initial spin.
  • Check Tray Retainer. Remove Spire Tray from shells and look inside the nose of the shells. Make sure the Black Tray Retainer is installed and not damaged in the front of the shells. If it is missing or damaged, Contact Virtue.
  • Reposition G-force sensor & check sensor foam. Remove Spire Tray, check that the black rectangular G-force sensor in the front of the tray has foam on both sides. Slightly tug the sensor downwards (the wires running under the battery pack hold it in place so it will only move 1/4″ at most). Then re-seat the sensor back into its original location. Check the Spire with paint to see if the problem is solved.
  • If these options do not work, Contact Virtue directly and we will help you to fix the problem. Dont know if this will help in any way mate.

Mclovin101

Apr 3, 2008
Hi

Checked all the above so will give it ago.

Have read also to change the g-force setting to 1 instead of 2 so will also see if that see makes any difference

Mclovin101

Apr 3, 2008
@Magic Rat

You could be right about the type of batteries. It seemed to do more towards the end of the day and then the double beep started when i turned on

Thanks for the video

Mixture of dying/mid range batterys

Reactions: Magic Rat

Mclovin101

Apr 3, 2008
@Nicky T

Yes had a email chain with Paul who is sending me a new board

If it doesnt turn up i will be in be in touch

Thanks