Welcome To P8ntballer.com
The Home Of European Paintball

Splash of paint

fleshas

Jan 20, 2014
Hey, have problem with my Tippmann 98, it has cyclon hooper, custom barrel. I don't know why but my gun splashes paint when shooting, its about 1 of 3 or 4 balls gets splashed through barrel... Sometimes it works perfect. Do you guys have any suggestions what could cause this mess? Thanks

fleshas

Jan 20, 2014
last time i was using Tomahawk Zero. Is it possible that my gun power is a bit too big for spashing, or i balls gets crashed in cyclone hooper?

Bolter

Administrator
Aug 19, 2003
Kettering
www.facebook.com
When you say splashing and spashing, I assume you mean the gun is breaking paint and its coming out the barrel? Its called "chopping" or "breaking" paint.

There are many reasons paint can break in the gun. The biggest is probably poor/cheap/poorly stored paint.

Yes also the gun may be shooting hot (shooting over the legal limit of around 300fps) and you should not really be using it till you are at a chrono and can set it properly.

It could be you are using a summer paint, in the cold winter.

Or poorly stored winter paint or paint stored in pods in the garage for 3 months.

The list goes on.

fleshas

Jan 20, 2014
But the point is my friend uses the same paint and he doesnt have chopping problem... I don't know, in game i have more time to clean instead of playing..

Bolter

Administrator
Aug 19, 2003
Kettering
www.facebook.com
But the point is my friend uses the same paint and he doesnt have chopping problem... I don't know, in game i have more time to clean instead of playing..
I didnt know that.

Then its possibly something else. Im just guessing, I dont have your gun in front of me.

It could be a super small bore barrel and rather large paint.

There could be a metal bur somewhere that the paint catches on? It could be a plastic bur in the cyclone feed that screws a few balls in the hopper up.

It could be a ball detent is missing, or both are missing.

Reactions: H

Tom

Tom
Nov 27, 2006
Salisbury
www.TaskForceDelta.co.uk
Where precisely is the paint breaking?

Is it only down the barrel when it's fired (barrel break)
Is it chopped by the bolt on entry, eg only part way into the chamber as the bolt goes forward? (Chop)

fleshas

Jan 20, 2014

Bolter

Administrator
Aug 19, 2003
Kettering
www.facebook.com
could try troubleshooting if you have access to another. Try different barrel on yours, swap out the cyclone (I assume it can be removed?) try to narrow it down a bit

Reactions: H