Welcome To P8ntballer.com
The Home Of European Paintball

Sponsorship

paintballJett

Platinum Member
Aug 15, 2008
Sm5 2lw
I cant belive everbody's overlooked this...

council NOT kee.

I overlooked it as a few guys told me they got them for free, and then the older lad told him to keep schtum, maybe I have just picked up what kids have said and ran with it, but as I said, what is the general idea on this and what should be done or said.

I am not after the witch hunt, just want to understand what everyone else thinks.

mikie

Apr 29, 2004
London
I cant belive everbody's overlooked this...

council NOT kee.
The reason people are over looking it is because if they read it they would have to stop posting rubbish and moaning about stuff that doesn’t concern them.

Some of the kids spoke to me and they seemed ok, a little loud and cocky maybe but I used to be 15 and was quite the same.

paintballJett

Platinum Member
Aug 15, 2008
Sm5 2lw
Obviously this is posted in the wrong section... I just want the paintball communities general idea on people not sticking to sponsorship/support...

This is not just the group of lads in that team, (which I have never said their name and am not getting this thread involved in them), also people using Dye pads when they are eclipse supported.

I get the feeling I am wasting everyones time, maybe this should just be deemed acceptable.

As it stands, I fund myself, I work hard, and play for fun, I get to wear my plat jersey on the field, shoot my dm8 and use my tanked pants, I love my flexibility, I am just wondering why people take on these sponsorships/support packages is it just merely greed/selfishness or do they intend to support their supporters.

Obviously this is posted in the wrong section... I just want the paintball communities general idea on people not sticking to sponsorship/support...

This is not just the group of lads in that team, (which I have never said their name and am not getting this thread involved in them), also people using Dye pads when they are eclipse supported.

I get the feeling I am wasting everyones time, maybe this should just be deemed acceptable.

As it stands, I fund myself, I work hard, and play for fun, I get to wear my plat jersey on the field, shoot my dm8 and use my tanked pants, I love my flexibility, I am just wondering why people take on these sponsorships/support packages is it just merely greed/selfishness or do they intend to support their supporters.

Its quite clear the paintball community is not bothered about what gear a KOTH team is using.

At the highest levels, where people really get things for free, its important that they represent their sponsors properly.
Alot of pros have different parts inside the guns (different circuit boards etc) but thats not visible so its not essential.

Missy-Q

300lb of Chocolate Love
Jul 31, 2007
Harlem, NY

I will add my support to your cause.

The only thing worse than teenage bxtch-punks asking for free shxt, is teenage bxtch-punks getting free shxt, and then complaining about the quality of it within ear-shot of the exact people they have been subsidised to impress.
I was 15 once too, and I had my ears boxed on multiple occasions. Thats how I learned to be less of a dick (I know - can you imagine what I must have been like). I even remember a certain Pete Robinson keeping my exhuberant youth in check a couple of times. Thats what is supposed to happen. The vets are supposed to keep the pxnks in check.
If the vets don't give a crap, then standards will continue to fall.
It seems everyone is happy to moan about the state of UK ball, but when faced with an opportunity to make a positive difference they don't want to get involved, and are even able to chastise some poor guy for giving a shxt - amazing.

I say 'out' these fxckers, and let some team that is more deserving get the free product, if in fact it was free.

Jett - The fact that this team are diss'ing their sponsors in public is not something that should be pushed under the carpet, and certainly nothing you or anyone else should be made to feel awkward about discussing. It concerns you just as it concerns me, and everyone else. Do anyone really feel that the more examples there are of how UK teams are not worth sponsoring, the better we will all be?

Lastly, labelling someone a 'tell-tale' for caring about the integrity of the UK scene is just awful. I mean really, really lame.

Missy-Q

300lb of Chocolate Love
Jul 31, 2007
Harlem, NY
The reason people are over looking it is because if they read it they would have to stop posting rubbish and moaning about stuff that doesn’t concern them.

Some of the kids spoke to me and they seemed ok, a little loud and cocky maybe but I used to be 15 and was quite the same.
I'm moaning about it. I think it concerns me, and I don't think it's rubbish.

BubbleGumBob

Free Style Baby!
Mar 10, 2007
Reading/Newbury

The only thing worse than teenage bxtch-punks asking for free shxt, is teenage bxtch-punks getting free shxt, and then complaining about the quality of it within ear-shot of the exact people they have been subsidised to impress.
I was 15 once too, and I had my ears boxed on multiple occasions. Thats how I learned to be less of a dick (I know - can you imagine what I must have been like). I even remember a certain Pete Robinson keeping my exhuberant youth in check a couple of times. Thats what is supposed to happen. The vets are supposed to keep the pxnks in check.
It seems everyone is happy to moan about the state of UK ball, but when faced with an opportunity to make a positive difference they don't want to get involved, and are even able to chastise some poor guy for giving a shxt - amazing.

I say 'out' these fxckers, and let some team that is more deserving get the free product, if in fact it was free.

Jett - The fact that this team are diss'ing their sponsors in public is not something that should be pushed under the carpet, and certainly nothing you or anyone else should be made to feel awkward about discussing. It concerns you just as it concerns me, and everyone else. Do anyone really feel that the more examples there are of how UK teams are not worth sponsoring, the better we will all be?

Lastly, labelling someone a 'tell-tale' for caring about the integrity of the UK scene is just awful. I mean really, really lame.
tottaly agree with you, i do however think we should make sure they are sponserd by them before we out them so to speak

Missy-Q

300lb of Chocolate Love
Jul 31, 2007
Harlem, NY
tottaly agree with you, i do however think we should make sure they are sponserd by them before we out them so to speak
fxck it, lets just go after them, we know enough already. There are at least 3 people on here that have confirmed Jets OP.

Unless we get one of them on here to defend themselves! That would be great!

mikie

Apr 29, 2004
London

If the objective of the project is to get "the kids off the street" as it usually is it has in fact worked and as such the money has not been wasted, i think the point that is being missed is where this money is coming from, if as i have been lead to believe it is directly from the council, invert is not the hand that feeds and as such the circumstances are different. If something isnt working and you dont have a spare why not shoot another brand, the council wont care. How many times have you herd none sponsored players say thier gun sucks?

Kids are annoying you have said that yourself, you have also pointed out that it usually sorts itself out with time, would you have liked every stupid thing you did broadcast over the Internet.

Maybe the positives should be addressed, this is an example of councils supporting paintball and actually putting money into it. Attacking the players for doing something so insignificant could see this sort of thing stopping not growing.

Lastly believing that one kid slagging off the performance of a marker (one which he probably doesnt fully understand the workings of) at a rookie tournament has a baring on the integrity of the UK scene is lame, really lame.