Welcome To P8ntballer.com
The Home Of European Paintball

Sprayed My Marker

Tom

Tom
Nov 27, 2006
Salisbury
www.TaskForceDelta.co.uk
Any particular type of paint you used? A few of us want to try it but don't want to bugger it up, so i am going to be the guinea pig, and use a couple of old bt combats we have kicking around.
Car paints will do the job - but will mainly be in gloss so end up shiney

Many good paintjobs have been done with duracoat and you should find plenty of guides via Google and YouTube
Principles are to strip it, clean / degrease it
Under coat followed by many light coats
And if you want it to last then finish with a coat of laquer

Scadds

Scadds
Jul 23, 2015
Dorset
Any particular type of paint you used? A few of us want to try it but don't want to bugger it up, so i am going to be the guinea pig, and use a couple of old bt combats we have kicking around.

I used halfords camouflage spray, they do 4 or so different colours.
Drys really fast and nice a nice Matt finish..

I stared degreasing the marker with halfords break cleaner, I sprayed it onto a rag rather than spraying it onto the marker and soaking it !

Then removed any rubber parts,masking any areas you don't want to spray or spray paint getting into..

gave it a good couple coats of grey primer

First base coat of green, prob 3-4 coats on each side

Then found lots of foliage and sprayed away,making up the design as I went along..

Never done a top coat of clear as I was worried even the Matt Lacquer would shine!

Like tom said, there are loads of youtube vids & google for designs to see what design u may want to do..

Scadds

Scadds
Jul 23, 2015
Dorset
No problem bud, good luck with it bud :).. post some pics up when you finished..

I'm also tad worried about it scratching off in the bag or while playing, may do some searching around for a good Matt lacquer :cool:

ellie123

Banned
Aug 19, 2015
that looks amazing would consider trying that if my marker got to scratched up or lost its colour

rewind

Shiny!
Aug 28, 2008
Kent
have you lacquered it up after the spray job? looks great!, but I would consider a final lacquer to protect it from use.