Welcome To P8ntballer.com
The Home Of European Paintball

sprint trainin'

Oct 28, 2003
south central bookham
i werent sure where to put this?!?!?!

i wanna know from everyone what should i do to make myself faster over shorter periods!!!!

can anybody enlighten me?

i am mainly asking lanky young front playaz

i am fine for endurance at tha mo!!! just need more speed

peace

kyle

ally

No Limit Bridgend
Jan 2, 2002
Cardiff/ Epsom
www.gbjab.com
Well as im probs the lankyest guy on earth :( :D what i would surjest is getting on one of those tread mills and like set it to a very fast setting and try and go fster every time and over time u should get faster, as your body and legs will get used to running fast.

ally

hankin

Jun 11, 2003
Visit site
Kyle i have told you before. I will tie u to the back of my car by a rope and then drive. That way you either run or well you pet the pic.

Just try runnin man. The more you run the better you will get. I have also been told skipping helps:)

Mario

Pigeon amongst the cats
Sep 25, 2002
Location, Location.
you gotta learn how to run properly as well....burstin out of a barricade have your legs wide when running and as you build speed up bring your legs in to a normal running posisition gradually. Pump your arms as well. faster your arms go faster you go...

IL=Tim the Yank

Wasted Away Again...
Oct 15, 2003
London
www.ironlions.co.uk
Paintball requires fast movement to bunkers, and quick recovery from these bursts of activity. Many players practice drill routines which are great for skills development but fall short in training for speed and power. The training regiment of paintball players must balance accuracy, speed and power to become successful.
This means weight training with as much as weight as you can, especially squats and calf raises (although calves are mostly genetic, you either have them or you don't). Lifting with heavy weights will result in the greatest increase in speed and power. All of us are composed of two basic muscle fibre types called slow twitch muscle fibre and fast twitch muscle fibre.
Paintball utilizes both muscle fibre types depending on time and intensity. Slow twitch muscle fibre is characterized by smaller size, less force capacity and more endurance capacity. Fast twitch muscle fibres are characterized by larger size, more force capacity, and less endurance capacity. The more we train our fast twitch muscle fibre the better it will be able to sustain intensity for a longer period of time.
As we do any given activity whether lifting a weight, swinging a racquet, or running a 200-meter sprint, the body goes through a process of utilizing these muscle fibre types.
In the case of weight lifting, by lifting heavier weight our bodies are required to output more force production. To do this we enlist predominately type 2 muscle fibre. These fast twitch muscle fibres contract at a faster rate than slow twitch muscle fibres resulting in greater speed. We appear to be moving the weight slowly because it is so heavy. This type of training will not slow our game down. Training with heavier weight will result in faster movement on the field.
The bunker run is a fast movement that requires the synergy of all large and small muscle groups. The force that is needed to generate a quick run and not be so knackered you can’t bring your gun up is served by training with heavy weights and with anaerobic (sprinting) training.
The reason why sprinting is so beneficial to paintball is that as we get faster at running our sprint times, (and mimicking the same actions used in a game) we are improving how we utilize our fast twitch muscle fibres. Even though a game lasts 7 -10 minutes for a tourney it is an activity that is composed of many short increments of time with high intensity. We have all been winded after a long game. The reason why so many of us are out of breath is because we haven't trained our muscles correctly to sustain such high intensity.

ANAEROBIC CONNECTION
If we train our muscles anaerobically, we can sustain more speed and power for a longer period of time. To give another example, the average american football play lasts seven seconds. Football players lift with heavy weights. They do this because their sport requires a great amount of intensity in a short amount of time. This is just like paintball. Paintball is a complex sport that utilizes multiple muscle fiber types and both strength and cardio training regiments should be designed accordingly.

Adapted from Misconceptions in Squash Training by Frank Lutes © 2002

So like Pink said, work on those legs with as much weight as possible, anaerobic training like windsprints as well as some aerobic training so you make it through the the whole tourney...and don't forget to stretch but thats a whole nother post.

Meyer

Back in high school football (american football), we did a LOT of short distance agility training, which has helped me a lot in the paintball world. One good drill, take some orange cones (or any other easily visible objects) and drop 4 in a line with about 5 yards between them, then run a ladder. Start at the end line, sprint to the first cone, touch the ground, turn and go back to the start, touch the ground, turn and sprint to the 10yd cone, hit the ground, turn, then back to the end line, the do the 15 yd, and back to the end line. Make sure you touch the ground at each marker, and face the same way each time (so half the time your turning left, and half the time turning right). This drill is HUGE!!! It gives really excellent sprint training, and because your touching the gound at each turn, your practicing exploding into the sprint from a low position.

Another good one is to set 3 cones in a line, again with 5 yds between them. Start by standing over the middle one, standing with no preference to a side (you can either have someone point a direction to you at the start of the drill or just decide your going one way). When the drill starts (if you have someone there have them yell "go"), sprint to one cone, touch the ground, then sprint across the middle line to the other cone, touch the ground (again facing the same way so you touch the ground with both hands), then sprint across the center line.

I should warn you, I am by no means a top level baller, those drills are things I picked up playing high school football, these are football oriented drills. I can tell you those two drills, done at top speed and repeated as quickly as possible, will give you great acceleration, especially from a low stance (i.e. the "football position").

Just be careful to stretch before, and after doing these (as you should with any workout).