Welcome To P8ntballer.com
The Home Of European Paintball

sprint trainin'

ericostani

Mar 9, 2003
surrey
Visit site
Originally posted by Red_Merkin
where we analised our running technique on video, and then broke down individual movements of the run.
hehehe, bet that was helerious to watch:D :p

only jokin dude,
peace:cool:

p.s. how come every pic in mojo has you in it:rolleyes: ;)

Red_Merkin

IMHO
Jul 9, 2001
Montreal
cause it's my website,
if you want your pictures up there, then send them to me and i'll put them up.
Besides you have your headband page...

Originally posted by Ben Frain
Maybe I'm being overly simplistic here but what could be more effective than simply doing what it is you need to get better at? That way, you must be exercising the right parts of your body surely?
to some degree it will help, but in the same way a body builder needs to keep overloading his muscles to build up otherwise he/she(non sexist and all that) will just hit a plateau, to keep getting faster you've gotta do the same.

the way i've always thought it was is that you can't change the amount of fast/slow twitch fibres significantly, but you can help to change which is predominantly used, and increase their strength.

the best way i've found to train is to use a weight about 70% of your one rep max, push fastish, then bring the weight back slower and do this for 3/4 sets, 2/3 exercise per muscle group, restin for 1.5 min or so between sets.

most electronic gym equipment can do tests and set what weight and speed you do, failing that most gym instructors should be able to do you a program,
Don't forget to look at your diet, no point training like schwarzenegger and eating like catwalk model!!!:D

Burb

#1 Soi Cowboy.
Nov 27, 2001
Middleweight
Ok, I've been at the gym for the last 3 months improving my running speed - but it's hard to work out how fast you can run whilst you are running on the spot! I know my leg muscles have grown, as I can now lift a lot more than when i started - so it's time for the bleep test.

For those of you who don't know about the bleep test click below:

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sportacademy/hi/sa/in_the_gym/workouts/newsid_2100000/2100312.stm

And if you want to purchase this, again click below:

http://www.fitnessmonitors.com/ecstore/item63.htm

All i need is a 20m field to pratice in, and i'll be an athlete in no time! ;) Has any other player been running a bleep test? Im interested in what levels people are at....

Sad? - Possibley, but the faster you can run - the longer you can stay alive.

Just need the friggin clocks to go back so I can do this after work - along side snap-shooting all week. :)

Burb

#1 Soi Cowboy.
Nov 27, 2001
Middleweight
Yeah but it's different running on a machine. Well in my opinion anyway - I can set it to the fastest setting and keep up, but only for shortish bursts.

JackRegan

yeah but, no but ....
Mar 10, 2003
London
www.paulregan.co.uk
its been said before but for sprinting you need muscle, the explosive type, take a look at sprinters compared to middle/long distance runners.

so any strength building program will help, do a search on the net theres loads of theories and programs, start with a simple one first as anyone new to training will make good gains on just walking to the gym from the car ! ... but essentially for lower body you want to be doing squats, with a rack rather than any static machines or a smith press (they both limit your movement), dead lifts for the hamstrings and lower back, you need to make sure its balanced for quads and hamstrings. start with a light weight and work on technic first as doing them wrong can mess your back up, always ask someone if your not sure. for any diving people out there you need good shoulder and core strength aswell, so do some upper body work.

stretching, no-one likes it and not many do it but plenty of that aswell, especially before any games, the adrenaline's going and your more likely to pull something trying the extra bit, or flying into a bunker. and no-one likes to go fishing for a snapped Achilles.

the beep test is an excellent way to measure stamina, but wont really tell you if your faster ... the only way to do that is go down the local track and time a 50/100 meter run ..