Welcome To P8ntballer.com
The Home Of European Paintball

spyder E-MR5 modifications

urbangreg

Platinum Member
Jul 9, 2008
Walsall
www.warpedgear.com
Hi all i dont know much about these type of markers and i to fat now for speedball so woodsball is the way to go for me.

i have been looking into the marker above as i can't justify £1000 for a DAM.

i have a few questions before i make my purchase as its between this marker or wait for the T15.

1. Has anybody tried changing the barrels on this marker as i believe its a weird set up as standard?
2. do any other magazine fit apart from the 9,10 & 15 shot mags that spyder make?
3. i no to question 2. Has anybody tried modifying to standard mags?
4. honestly and unbiased are these any good it looks like a good bit of kit for the money. but do they shoot ok?

i am not trying to compare these to a DAM because you just cant for the money, i just want a good honest opinion.

any help greatly appreciated.

Tom

Tom
Nov 27, 2006
Salisbury
www.TaskForceDelta.co.uk
1) don't quote me on this, but I believe the barrel is standard and the 'rotatability' to switch between mag fed and hopper fed is in the receiver. You rotate the barrel which in turn rotates part of the breach.
You can replace the barrel if you wish

2) just the spyder magazines as far as I know
These are the same magazines as the hammer 7 pump
I have a hammer 7 & a dam and have attempted to use other mag fed rental with d mags.
At killzone I just could not get on with the rentals - I used 2 or 3 different guns and did not get to play with any if them. I was having a bad morning and nothing would chrono within the limit for me, and I just could not work the magazines - either I failed to lock in the magazine and released the paint, or I broke the paint when loading. Your experience may vary!

With the spyder and the dam, they both took me a go to get the feel, but i can load those magazines with ease

3) people have moded spyders for other magazines, I have an interest in a hammer 7 that I've seen with a dam magwell
Basically magfeds are the same - a magwell to release paint from the magazine positioned to align with the breach. If you have the skills and inclination you should be able to fit any paintball magazine to any magfed gun

4) don't know. But the hammer 7 attracted me as a pump, with magfed at a good price. Having a team mate buy one at an event, but letting me take it out for the first test shot & chrono caused me to buy the only other one in the van

Yes the dam is better. But it's in a different league, particularly in price

Are you inclined to magfed? If so get into the magfed Facebook groups etc for some more opinions from the guys
In the woods you have a variety of choices - normal paintball with any type of gun, and various options on limited paint if you like that. Magfed can be anything from just limited paint to pure magfed, milsim, 'experiences' etc

raxable

Jun 14, 2011
farnborough
1. Has anybody tried changing the barrels on this marker as i believe its a weird set up as standard?
You cannot change the barrel on this as it has a fixed D shaped feed port in it that cannot be removed.
But there is an adapter out there that you can buy so you can add in different barrels, but you need to but the adapter.

2. do any other magazine fit apart from the 9,10 & 15 shot mags that spyder make?
only spyder mags fit.

3. i no to question 2. Has anybody tried modifying to standard mags?
its not easy as the mag well is part of the trigger frame.

4. honestly and unbiased are these any good it looks like a good bit of kit for the money. but do they shoot ok?
they are good bang for buck if you want to try mag fed, and the addition of being able to swap to a hopper on they fly is a nice touch.

p.s. i am making a 3d printed drum mag for mine.
https://www.facebook.com/R90Paintball/photos/a.514048508634275.110854.503120206393772/704072486298542/?type=1&theater

urbangreg

Platinum Member
Jul 9, 2008
Walsall
www.warpedgear.com
very nice handy with your CAD work then.
let me know how you get on with that Drum mag. i have now bought one of these markers but cant find the adapter anywhere as i want a unitec barrel for mine.

i have seen somebody making a box mag but i am unsure how they get the internals to work.

urbangreg

Platinum Member
Jul 9, 2008
Walsall
www.warpedgear.com
cracked the box mag just. found some tubing off an old airbed pump. attached that to the bottom of an Halo and bobs you uncle.

feeds perfectly up the tubing just need to figure out how to attach that the spyder mag.

obviously I also need to make a box for the motor to sit in.