Welcome To P8ntballer.com
The Home Of European Paintball

Spyder/Piranha max ROF?

Albino

Oct 23, 2001
Visit site
What kind of ROF can you shoot with a normal or tricked out Spyder/clone? My brother claims he can go 7-8 bps (he got that number by comparing the sound to an Angel set at 11 bps), and thinks that with a Revy and Boo-Yah, he will be able to shoot 10-11. My opinion is that no blowback semi could cycle more than 7-8 per second, even with a Boo-Yah. And about his 7-8 right now, a Spyder's trigger is nowhere near electro level. Who's right?

Albino

KillerOnion

Lord of the Ringtones
Quite honestly, for the level of play done with a Spyder or clone thereof rate of fire should not at all be a concern. Yeah, it's somewhat fun and in a very superficial and lame way impressive to shoot faster, but of inconsequential value compared to be able to HIT WHAT YOU'RE SHOOTING AT AND AVOID GETTING HIT. That is what is infinately more important than what gun is in your hand other than the simple description of "it works." At that particular point in time with that level of play the barrel and paint you use and maybe a nitro tank are VASTLY more important than putting an electronic frame on it. Priorities, priorities.

Albino

Oct 23, 2001
Visit site
I know, this is just to settle an argument about how fast he can shoot. Anyone have any numbers about how fast a Spyder can cycle?

Albino

Acidd_UK

Oct 12, 2001
York
Visit site
I vaguely remember that if you just dropped the trigger sear they would cycle at about 40bps, maybe adding a very stiff spring on the return (ie say on the front of sturdy beavertail) it could push it up more, but its certainly far faster than hoppers can feed at anyway.

Tom

PS For a demo, remove your trigger grip, gas up the marker, pull the bolt back and let go. Be ready to turn the gas off since cycling that fast is likely to destroy the internals very quickly.

Albino

Oct 23, 2001
Visit site
Yeah, I've done that. (-; On Piranhas, there is a little slide to drop the sear down when you are reinserting the internals. If you press that and pull the trigger, the sear stays down until you let go of the slide. But it cycles so fast the paintballs don't even drop into the breech. )-: