Welcome To P8ntballer.com
The Home Of European Paintball

Spyder Sonix

ZacIseMan68

Aug 18, 2001
Visit site
I just bought a Spyder Sonix about 3 to 4 weeks ago and i love how it shoots fast and pretty accurate.....But after if shoot and the ball travels about 25 to 35 yards, the ball wants to curve and stuff which makes it not as accurate as i want it to be! Would my best bet to get the accuracy better be to buy a aftermarket barrel? I am looking at the Smart Parts All American. Would that be a good choice? What size should i get it in? I was thinking 16in.? Just let know what i should do.....Thanx! :)

Ghost

Aug 5, 2001
Ohio
Barrels are pretty much the best upgrade for accuracy. And watch what paint you are using, old crappy paint will screw with your accuracy. The All American is a nice barrel, just not the best.

The length of your barrel is determined by what kind of paintball you play. ( Rec-ball, speed...) I really wouldn't recommend using a 16inch for speedball; you can't really tuck in with a big stick hanging off of you. I'd go with a 12 for speedball.

For rec, I guess you could pull a 16, as you have more room to work with. Just don't make a sudden turn and smack your barrel into a tree. :D

Manning26

Hey Zac, Tom Kaye did a study on barrel length, it's effect on range and such, and I believe PGI featured it when it came out. Anyway, the results for blowbacks was ten to twelve inches. Dang, why did he do research on blowbacks? Okay, maybe it wasn't Mr. Kaye, but this was definitely in PGI in the last five years (and Tom Kaye DID do a study like this). Any more than twelve and you have to begin fighting drag. Which means you have to turn your velocity up, which leads to more gas consumption, which is more fills, and less dough in your wallet. Also, if you put a good quality barrel on your gun, you will notice improved accuracy. There is a gent on this forum named Manike who can explain this more in depth, and lead you to Tom Kayes' results if you're interested. You could probably get his attention in the techroom if you really wanted to. I'm also sure that there are plenty more fella's on here that can help you just as well. You should seriously consider posting in the techroom if it's worth it to you. You may get more "help" than you want though:D . Good luck, I hope that was helpful in some way.:)

permboy

Aug 14, 2001
Birmingham
ALso m8 i know i may sound stupid but u may need to clean it thouroghly. Sorry about spelling.

Try putting boiling water down ur barrel IT's the best thing to clean it with.