The Home Of European Paintball

Staining Paint

Jud

thinking of coming Back
Oct 7, 2002
Somanc
aol.com
phantom

i am not slagging off any brands at all here , id leave that to the makers, i play for instance in door every week crawling through
the slurry of paint , and when i come out the cloths go in the washer and come out stain free. im no poof and im not scared of getting ****ted up at all its all part of the game ,which makes it even more good fun,

the issue is just paint should all wash out , our team pride our selfs on expencive kit it looks the part , so does many other teams.

we all want paint balling to be reconised for the right reasons.
a great torny is even better full of spectators, this sport is a adrenalin game the spectators make it that.

cheers jud

Morter

Jul 31, 2002
Bristol
I was marshlling the other day and my jersey is really badly stained after getting shot with some of the WDP stuff, also when I got home, my arm was stained bright pink..... :mad:

npp

Phantom, whilst I appreciate your comments, I have 20,000 people per year coming through my sites, I have been playing for 17 years and have seen every brand of paint right from the original staining Cal Mag. When you say I am aiming this post at specific brands you are wrong. What you have to appreciate is that the player market for the manufacturers is insignificant. It boils down to ecomnomies of scale, what interest does a manufacturer have for the tournament scene when sites shoot 10 times the amount of paint in a year. 1 or two whinging players as you put it have few chances of success. All I asked at the start of the post is if anyone knew which brand was staining and then I personally wouldn't shoot it. It's personal choice for every other player but I don't like turning up to tournaments looking like ****, not a good advert for the sport.

jahlad

Emortal
Feb 11, 2002
Planet, 0161
ok folks heres a spanner in the works

after marshalling all day yesterday i was pritty much head to toe in paint....and the white cotton towel i had carried all day for whiping hits, bunkers, my nose, etc on was absolutly dripping in paint....anyone there will tell you that about 99% of the paint shot all day was bright pink....for some reason there just didnt seem to be anyone selling any other colour....i recall seeing some yellow zap and some murky orange fill ball too
so....
last night stuck all my crap in the wash, and was about to bin the towel as it was too manky to wash.....but then i thought ill see what happens, so it went in too, on a 40 degree wash.
just hung everything out to dry and guess what....all my gear is tip top clean except the towel (no shock)

BUT there isnt a trace of pink on it, the only remaining stain is a patch about the size of a beer mat......and it is bright yellow!

now im not pointing the finger at any brand as the amount of paint on this towel was rediculous...it was minging
but maybe these pink fills arnt that bad after all???

Jud

thinking of coming Back
Oct 7, 2002
Somanc
aol.com
OY

HOPE YOUR RETURNING THAT TOWEL, bet its on the side of your bath now matt its like a bath towel to you LOL

gaff

www.hired-killaz.com
Mar 12, 2003
'in ya face baby!'
Originally posted by npp
The team is playing at the M25 this weekend and personally I would like to boycott teams using whatever paint it is.

I have been told that Zap had a pink filled Chronic and a pink filled AMP, also severe had a pink ball, were there any other pink paints being used?

sorry NPP i do not wish to stur this issue up but what you actually said is above........

this reads that you know the team in question! (paragraph 1)

and also that you have not very cleverly victimised ZAP and severe! (paragraph 2)

please do not think that i am disagreeing with any of what you have said, because quite frankly i do not wish to comment on the who's paint stains topic. although for the record - we are sponsored by ZAP and shoot ourselves to bits with ZAP in training and it all comes out in the wash.

i just think that you have to be very careful when you imply that you know the team and the brand!

2p plop!

npp

Gaff,

When I said I would like to boycot the team using this paint, I meant any team using a staining paint. I still to this point have no idea which paint is staining. I only know it was a pink fill.

I will say I seemed to have stirred up a hornets nest!! only wanted players kit to last more than 5 minutes!! We don't sell paint to anyone apart from our site, we don't run tournaments and don't have walk on player on our sites, therefore this issue is not beneficial to my company at all. Just looking out for other players from my own experiences.

gaff

www.hired-killaz.com
Mar 12, 2003
'in ya face baby!'
Originally posted by npp
Gaff,

When I said I would like to boycot the team using this paint, I meant any team using a staining paint. I still to this point have no idea which paint is staining. I only know it was a pink fill.

I will say I seemed to have stirred up a hornets nest!! only wanted players kit to last more than 5 minutes!! We don't sell paint to anyone apart from our site, we don't run tournaments and don't have walk on player on our sites, therefore this issue is not beneficial to my company at all. Just looking out for other players from my own experiences.
i think i know where you are coming from pal, but i was just stating that when you say " the team is playing the M25" you were implying that you knew exactly who they were and what the paint brand was. and being that there were not many teams that played in Dam at the M25 it norrowed the targets quite dramatically!

i'm not dissin you, just trying to end this witch hunt that seems to have occurred.

i presume all you teams got the pep talk from Sparklie, stating that any paint found to stain will be dissallowed at the next event?