Welcome To P8ntballer.com
The Home Of European Paintball

Stako Bottles?

scoobytgi

WebMonkey
Dec 30, 2005
Clacon-on-Sea
www.inspiredwebspaces.co.uk
Look at the incidents that have taken place. The bottle has not failed, as in burst, it has always been a reg which has popped or seperated from the bottle. The structural integrity of the bottle here is not in question, TUV have tested to I believe over 900 bar of pressure (300 is around 4500 psi, so we're talking 14000psi ish) and the bottle did not burst. However, what is the nature of the thread testing with these cylinder tests? Could the thread be shallower or of a softer material than mainstream bottles? I'm sure it has been looked into, but it's not been mentioned on here. I personally used a Stako for a year and only got rid as my local site stopped filling them, so it was useless to me. It never bubbled and would hold a fill for months at a time.

angeldan

Mar 24, 2008
mate if i were you i wouldn't think of getting a stacko because in a couple of sites like NPF, i dont tink your allowed stacko's because of a certain incident that happened.

In a nutshell mate, they happen to leak.:rolleyes:

Stan

Platinum Member
Jul 18, 2001
mate if i were you i wouldn't think of getting a stacko because in a couple of sites like NPF, i dont tink your allowed stacko's because of a certain incident that happened.

In a nutshell mate, they happen to leak.:rolleyes:
They don't all "happen to leak". I've used mine for over a year with no problems at all. Renton has said he was happy with his. Scooby was happy with his, etc

Scooby - i'm pretty sure that in a couple of cases the bottle has ruptured where there is a join between two different materials inside the bottle. I would have though that the fact that a couple of regs have flown off is more due to the explosion in the bottle rather than a weakness in the reg threads.:eek::)