Planet Eclipse Manic Paintball G.I Milsim Tipmann BZ Paintball DYE Paintball Valken Paintball

STAR WARS fORCE AWAKENS Contains ####SPOILERS####!!!!

Discussion in 'Speak your Brains' started by STONESOLDIER, Dec 24, 2015.

1. STONESOLDIER Planet Eclipse

STONESOLDIER
    Message Count:
    Watched Star Wars last night

Now I am a fan of star wars to the point where I get excited to watch it, But not such a fan where I go dressed up and have a load of figures at home

Star Wars was absolutely terrible !!, It was pretty much the same as the 1st film or the 4th film depends on which was you look at it.

It was the same plot, Super death star, Skywalker that didn't know she was a Jedi, Darth Solo turned to the dark side, Millennium falcon turns up, Robot unit is holding secret information, They find a way to easily I say again easily infiltrate the Super Death Star and blow it very easily, Come on Disney it probably took 5 billion workers to build the Super death star and the resistance destroy it with 10 people (n)

And then to top it off Darth Solo takes his mask off and from being the bad ass Kylo Ren becomes this weedy little child who is given a good fight against a storm trooper with no Military experience and certainly not with a Light Sabre pretty much Kick ass !!
    upload_2015-12-24_10-49-56.png
    upload_2015-12-24_10-55-28.png

Truly a disappointment to me, I hope the rest of you enjoyed it at least.

2. Shepherd:03 London Legion

Shepherd:03
    Message Count:
    Overall I enjoyed the film, there were a few things that they could have done better or differently but that was always going to be the case.

They really could have done without *another* death star but it was pretty cool the way this one works.

Chewie's rampage could have had another minute or so and a few heads/arms thrown around.

Rey shouldn't have been so quick to learn her force powers, but it was an amusing scene with the stormtrooper. I've no idea how her and finn learnt to use a light sabre though :/

My biggest bugbear would be that so many planets were destroyed, including coruscant with how many hundreds of billions of people, and no one batted an eyelid?

Having said all that, compared to the prequels it was pretty great and I'm going to watch it again once the queues have shrunk a bit.

3. Marc0 GB Veterans

Marc0
    Message Count:
    Couldn't disagree with you more, yes the story had been told before but that's what I wanted.
    I wanted familiar characters in similar locations. The same battles fought for the same reasons. Returning characters and new ones involved in the story. These films are supposed to follow on from where the original three films finished, although 30 odd years later.
    It has been made to return the viewers to the galaxy far far away.

H, Bolter and Shepherd:03 like this.
  4. Hansel So Hot Right Now.

Hansel
    Message Count:
    JJ Abrams has given the fans what they wanted - another Episode IV.

He didn't want to take any risks and make another Phantom, and Disney would want to play safe with their investment.

Good how they used Alan Partridge as Kylo Ren.

StewartW likes this.
  5. Sid Sidgwick North East Killers-Lethal Bizzle

Sid Sidgwick
    Message Count:
    Another one here who enjoyed it, mainly for the fact it harked back to the originals for its plot and development. There were parts I thought could have been better but thoroughly enjoyed it and am looking forward to the next one already.

6. Dskize bigmutharvatar

Dskize
    Message Count:
    Loved it, it was as formulaic as Rocky, the whole plot was telegraphed from the start and it was just part 4
    undeniably redone and usually that would put me off ....but I sat with a grin on my face all the way through ...awesome....

Carrie fisher should have a word with her plastic surgeon though ,what a mess...

7. Spikerz Well-Known Member

Spikerz
    Message Count:
    Yep, I could see things coming a mile away, and still loved it.

Also he's not a Sith Lord so can't be called Darth, the Knights of Ren are a whole other thing.

8. Magic Rat Swansea Draguns

Magic Rat
    Message Count:
    Watched it tonight with the family, I also thought it was crap.
    Could have been so much more.
    Family enjoyed it and are accusing me of being a miserable old *******!
    How very dare they.

9. Bullseye Non-linear

Bullseye
    Message Count:
    Tbh I really like Kylo Ren, made the movie for me... Plot was meh, and some poor bits, but in general pretty good, if not safe...

10. Marc0 GB Veterans

Marc0
    Message Count:
    Look at the roasting JJ Abrams received when Trekkie's saw the first of his Star Trek films. I'd it any wonder he played safe with the Star Wars franchise ?