Welcome To P8ntballer.com
The Home Of European Paintball

STAR WARS fORCE AWAKENS Contains ####SPOILERS####!!!!

STONESOLDIER

Planet Eclipse
Mar 4, 2007
Manchester, Stretford
Watched Star Wars last night

Now I am a fan of star wars to the point where I get excited to watch it, But not such a fan where I go dressed up and have a load of figures at home

Star Wars was absolutely terrible !!, It was pretty much the same as the 1st film or the 4th film depends on which was you look at it.

It was the same plot, Super death star, Skywalker that didn't know she was a Jedi, Darth Solo turned to the dark side, Millennium falcon turns up, Robot unit is holding secret information, They find a way to easily I say again easily infiltrate the Super Death Star and blow it very easily, Come on Disney it probably took 5 billion workers to build the Super death star and the resistance destroy it with 10 people (n)

And then to top it off Darth Solo takes his mask off and from being the bad ass Kylo Ren becomes this weedy little child who is given a good fight against a storm trooper with no Military experience and certainly not with a Light Sabre pretty much Kick ass !!
upload_2015-12-24_10-49-56.png
upload_2015-12-24_10-55-28.png

Truly a disappointment to me, I hope the rest of you enjoyed it at least.

Shepherd:03

London Legion
Apr 23, 2014
Bexleyheath
www.facebook.com
Overall I enjoyed the film, there were a few things that they could have done better or differently but that was always going to be the case.

They really could have done without *another* death star but it was pretty cool the way this one works.

Chewie's rampage could have had another minute or so and a few heads/arms thrown around.

Rey shouldn't have been so quick to learn her force powers, but it was an amusing scene with the stormtrooper. I've no idea how her and finn learnt to use a light sabre though :/

My biggest bugbear would be that so many planets were destroyed, including coruscant with how many hundreds of billions of people, and no one batted an eyelid?

Having said all that, compared to the prequels it was pretty great and I'm going to watch it again once the queues have shrunk a bit.

Marc0

IronWolf
Feb 18, 2004
Sleeping in Bracknell.
www.p8ntballer.com
Couldn't disagree with you more, yes the story had been told before but that's what I wanted.
I wanted familiar characters in similar locations. The same battles fought for the same reasons. Returning characters and new ones involved in the story. These films are supposed to follow on from where the original three films finished, although 30 odd years later.
It has been made to return the viewers to the galaxy far far away.

Tony Harrison

What is your beef with the Mac?
Mar 13, 2007
JJ Abrams has given the fans what they wanted - another Episode IV.

He didn't want to take any risks and make another Phantom, and Disney would want to play safe with their investment.

Good how they used Alan Partridge as Kylo Ren.

Reactions: StewartW

Dskize

I Would
Dec 6, 2004
Duntryin
Loved it, it was as formulaic as Rocky, the whole plot was telegraphed from the start and it was just part 4
undeniably redone and usually that would put me off ....but I sat with a grin on my face all the way through ...awesome....

Carrie fisher should have a word with her plastic surgeon though ,what a mess...

Spikerz

Super Moderator
Mar 25, 2014
Yep, I could see things coming a mile away, and still loved it.

Also he's not a Sith Lord so can't be called Darth, the Knights of Ren are a whole other thing.

Magic Rat

Swansea Draguns
Nov 21, 2012
Carmarthen
Watched it tonight with the family, I also thought it was crap.
Could have been so much more.
Family enjoyed it and are accusing me of being a miserable old *******!
How very dare they.

Bullseye

Non-linear
Feb 25, 2011
Derby
Tbh I really like Kylo Ren, made the movie for me... Plot was meh, and some poor bits, but in general pretty good, if not safe...