Welcome To P8ntballer.com
The Home Of European Paintball

Stargate Scenario versus Airsofters...

JoseDominguez

New cut and carved spine!
Oct 25, 2002
www.myspace.com
I'm up for it............let 6E run it, that'll get it sorted.

We need a huge powerfull bloke who still manages to look absolutely camp no matter how hard he is though.

I'll get me meccano out, we need replicators.

Staff weapon would be pretty easy to do, just fired my E-blade down some 1" waste pipe, no problem.

dirtydenn

how long's the fuse?
May 9, 2002
london
Visit site
Originally posted by ThunderCat
Now can anyone build a Staff shaped paintball marker??
reakon it could be done, got an old mirage that work without the grip handle on, bit of plumbing pipe and there you go

dirtydenn

how long's the fuse?
May 9, 2002
london
Visit site
Originally posted by Mav
Wouldn't we have to wear PB masks, and the fact that we don't have to is one of the reasons that airsofters do what we do?

Mav
i take it you guys at least wear goggles? or some eye protection?

ThunderCat

Stormin'
May 28, 2003
Nottingham
www.lincolnstorm.co.uk
They wear masks with wire mesh that stops BB'sbut obviously doesn't fog up.
If we play this cross-over game then of course everyone would have to wear paintball safe masks, We don't want this turning into "Airsoft player blinded by paintballer in fight for domination" on the Sunday sport headlines :)

psycho-cannon

Aug 6, 2003
UK
www.X-ecutioners.co.uk
Lol yes normally we wear anything from simple Wire mesh goggles (light, no steam, breezeh) or Simple Wrap round glasses (Oakleys are a fave).
Some people wear full on V-Force masks that are paintball masks really (I have one but i dont use it due to steam up which is a shame as i spent a while fitting my Holographic visor insert from my old motorcycle Helmet into it lol, bullet holes rock)
Someone even wore their engineering goggles to it once lol.
After all it doesn't take much to stop the bb's as long as they are wrap around and toughened they will keep your eyes safe where as paintballs would probably just smack your goggles off and go for the eyes 0_o.

Even with my Swat goggles on i still wear some kind of head wrap or Balaclave as BB's in the ear or neck isn't pleasant at all ^_^.

And i hope this gets arranged.
I originally wanted to try Paintball but there were no local sites so i'd love to give it a shot though i doubt i'll be converted from Airsoft I'm sure it will still be great fun and It would be nice to see what the other side of the fence is like.

As long as we dont get any bad elements trying to be imature and turn this into a Paintball V Airsoft grudge match or anything :(

ThunderCat

Stormin'
May 28, 2003
Nottingham
www.lincolnstorm.co.uk
Originally posted by psycho-cannon
As long as we dont get any bad elements trying to be immature and turn this into a Paintball V Airsoft grudge match or anything :(
I SHALL get this thing organised, its my new mission in life!

And if we do get any bad elements (from either faction) they will be mercilessly bonus balled by all the organisation crew!

I am going out of the country for a few weeks but I should still have net access. When I get back, hopefully we will have enough people interested and I'll put in some calls to the sites that do both PB and AS and see what we can get sorted.

Slidey

Aug 6, 2003
Visit site
Oh, just in case anyone's got the Stargate bug and are thinking of getting the kit, here's a few pointers:

Firstly, getting the olive green stuff is incredibly difficult/expensive. The actual jackets they use aren't made anymore, and while you can get them made up in the US and sent to you, you have to supply the cotton material yourself :(
Therefore, here are your options - Get an olive green MA-1 flight jacket (the nylon jacket they used for season 1), and green trousers which are available everywhere, or go for the Woodland BDU setup - I.e, American type camoflauge.

Patches are available from www.sg1shop.co.uk, as is the nylon jacket.
The Tactical vest they use is the Blackhawk Medic/Utility vest, the cheapest i've found is from www.airsoftarmoury.co.uk for £100. It's not on their site, you'll have to phone them up to order it. Customer service from those guys are excellent.

If, like me, you want to go for the camo setup (as used in episodes such as Season 4's The Light and The First Ones, and Season 5's The Fifth Man - pics below), places like www.allthingsmilitary.co.uk and www.sofmilitary.co.uk are great (remember, the type is American Woodland BDU).

If you want P90s, even if just for the look and to bring along to conventions and the like, they're avalable from the above link for the tac vest, it's the cheapest place in the UK to get them. They come with an integral red dot, and the magazines (capacity: 68 BBs) come with fake bullets (the mag, like the real version, is see through). Best hop along to forums.ukairsoft.net if you want to get into all the Airsoft stuff in more depth.

Vidcaps of SG-1 wearing the BDU setup:
http://www.residentevil.demon.co.uk/1.JPG
http://www.residentevil.demon.co.uk/2.JPG
http://www.residentevil.demon.co.uk/3.JPG

Pics of me in SG-1 kit:
http://www.residentevil.demon.co.uk/slidey.jpg
http://www.residentevil.demon.co.uk/slidey2.jpg