Welcome To P8ntballer.com
The Home Of European Paintball

Stargate Scenario versus Airsofters...

ThunderCat

Stormin'
May 28, 2003
Nottingham
www.lincolnstorm.co.uk
I'm thinking instead of the Pballers being the Goa'ould we should be some new hostile alien race.
Reason being, I think zero Pballers can be bothered making a goa'ould uniform. Me included, and its my idea and I love Stargate!

psycho-cannon

Aug 6, 2003
UK
www.X-ecutioners.co.uk
So you guys want this a one day event with Paintball markers vs Airsoft guns?

Lol sounds like a laugh but i just want to make sure everyone will be happy with the differences between the guns etc?
I get the impresion that the AEG's have far more ammo, range and a greater ROF and accuracy? but the Paintballers may not take the hits (not cheating) due to the fact they are used to being smashed up by 6lbs of force from larger paintballs as opposed to the (max of 3lbs?) from 0.22mm bb's in airsoft.
shall we put that down to Ga'oul shield technology? lol.
Personally i'll be trying upgrade my gun to 0.45 heavyweight BB's for this game so you should feel those easy enough and the reduced range i get will probably be fair if the Paintballs are shorter range and more inacurate as i've been told.

Also i've been told body armour and more than 2 layers of clothing aren't allowed.
Most of us wera a fair few levels of clothing including rigging or Tac Vests as we need somewhere to hold our Ammo, Mags, Guns, Gas and Pyros etc. How would that go?

I'm letting people in the Airsoft forums know that the Paint is some Vegetable dye paint that washes out easily but i've also warned them that there are some Rogue brands that DO STAIN (Seem to be predonmenantly Pink?).
Of course i've warned them not to bring any prize kit along and I'd ask the Paintballers to respect we are taking part in this for fun and to avoid using dodgy paint if possable.

Basically i'm looking to clear up a few questions that may come up from both sides of the fence and set some ground rules for the game.

I suppose also the Airsoft Vs Paintball kind of matches in with the Scenario (Different Weapon technologies ^_^)
And i take it you would prefer this to some 2 day or split weekend event (One day airsoft one day PB) as i'm sure some people would be able to make one event and not the other :(
To compensate for that I'm sure that if an Airsofter wanted to try changing teams for a few rounds for a taste of PB and visa versa as we are on grounds that caters for both games we will be able to get a rental out or swap with another player?
I'll try to bring along any spare AEG's i have available in case any Paintballers want to have a go at handling one for a few games.

ThunderCat

Stormin'
May 28, 2003
Nottingham
www.lincolnstorm.co.uk
The plan at the moment is for this to be a one day scenario of Pballing aliens Vs Airsofting SGC.

Body armour isn't allowed in tournament paintball but for this event, you can wear whatever you want.

This is what I posted on the Airsoft forum about it:
Anyway my thoughts:
On TV the SG team is always outnumbered by the Jaffa.
It usually takes more than one bullet to stop a Jaffa and its almost impossible to kill an actual goa'uld.

Given these points we should be able to devise a scenario which allows for the difference in airsoft guns and paintball markers.
My big problem at the moment is cosmetic. you guys have all the right gear to look like SGC personnell. Paintballers are not set up to look like Jaffa. I doubt many/any Pballers would be bothered to make Jaffa suits for the event.
I'm looking for suggestions to get round that problem?? So far my best plan is just for us to wear clothes that are mainly black or grey...
Or we could maybe make some cardboard breastplates to look like Jaffa.

I have various notions for the way hits would affect the different teams. It would be best for us to pick a couple of people from each "side" to get together one day before the event and work out a scenario to play and the rules regarding how to kill Jaffa and what affect a staff blast has on SGC personnell..

psycho-cannon

Aug 6, 2003
UK
www.X-ecutioners.co.uk
Sounds good.
I'm going down Camden this weekend and i'm sure i can find SOMETHING that will look the part there lol.
You can find anything outlandish there lol.

And at least you dont have to play rogue Azgard,
That would be a hell of a costume to pull off ^_^.

I can always bring some Gold Putty or Henna and give you guys the old Jaffa Mark on your forheads lol ^_^.
How that would work with full on head masks i dont know =/
I can definatly get skull caps easily enough =p.

But tbh i dont think we expect you to actually look like realistic Jaffa lol.
Anything ..."Different" will do really, just to identify your teams.

psycho-cannon

Aug 6, 2003
UK
www.X-ecutioners.co.uk
Originally posted by ThunderCat
I have various notions for the way hits would affect the different teams. It would be best for us to pick a couple of people from each "side" to get together one day before the event and work out a scenario to play and the rules regarding how to kill Jaffa and what affect a staff blast has on SGC personnell..
I would actually like to see before hand how a quick scrum with an AEG v a PB Marker plays out so we can decide on how to balance the game and make it fun ensuring its not one sided to any one team.

psycho-cannon

Aug 6, 2003
UK
www.X-ecutioners.co.uk
Well the X-Ecutioners Team are looking into this and you've got 2 upfor it's out of 10 and one potential Recruit, awaiting replies from the rest but seems promising so far.
Also one reply from UKAN so far as an up for it and i've only advertised 20 mins ago ^_^.

psycho-cannon

Aug 6, 2003
UK
www.X-ecutioners.co.uk
Yup if its a one day event and the plan is to both build bridges and clear up some misconceptions then it would probably be beneficial to allow some mixed teams or swap over of curious players at some point.

Duma

Aug 6, 2003
Visit site
Aye, just sling a tacvest on them and call them Teal'c..

Anyway, this sounds like a laugh and I'm up for it. I think the paintballers should be left to use their normal attire though, after all this should be intended to show off the best of both sports! ThunderCat, if you want a look at a proper airsoft gun I'll try and bring my MP5 down to Nottingham when I head back at the end of the month (I'm staylo on the Nottingham rocksoc boards)

Now, whether to wear olive green or US woodland.. hmm...

JoseDominguez

New cut and carved spine!
Oct 25, 2002
www.myspace.com
it's the only way to do it.........any sort of grudge match would be very one-sided. Particularly as one side would be equipped to really hurt the other.
Gotta be mixed players, but team kit i.e. some ballers using AS, some AS using markers.