Welcome To P8ntballer.com
The Home Of European Paintball

Starter Marker

Maxwell1209

Morning Wood
May 21, 2017
Hi, i was looking to buy my first marker and was wondering if anyone had any reviews or thoughts on my option. If you can give any comment it would help me very much. Thank you in advance. *ANS is ANSgear.com and JP is Justpaint.com

upload_2018-3-19_18-57-45.png

Attachments

Tom

Tom
Nov 27, 2006
Salisbury
www.TaskForceDelta.co.uk
Don’t bother with ansgear as they are in the US, which means you’ll pick up international postage and then get hit at customs for import vat (which will be 20% of both value and postage) and also get charged a handling fee somewhere between £8 and £20 on top

Justpaint.com doesn’t exist, so do you mean justpaintball.co.uk?
In which case they are here in the UK so you just pay the price + postage

Spyders are cheap and cheerful
The Cronus, 98 and a5 are all Tippmann so have a good background and support, but are also fairly basic or old but reliable designs

Gog is what was Smart Parts and is decent

I have an Etha, and it’s a good runner. It’s an eclipse so the tech guys are at events such as Cpps and Paintfest
But it’s reliable and needs no more than a basic wipe down and a lube
It can equally stand up at a tournament level or basic recreational games

C642DDC1-DB0A-4DA6-A290-5903CFD7548F.png

Lighthouse

Jul 24, 2013
Depends on your budget but I'd go for a second hand Etek or Etha for a first marker. Reliable, simple and Eclipse are normally sh*t hot on their tech support (not that my GTEK has ever needed it).

dfr350

Sad but true
Apr 22, 2007
Bracknell UK
There are 2 etek 6 for sale int eh classifieds for just over £200 each. Would make a great stater marker. Although a second hand Gtek is probably the best deal. Your looking more around £300 ish depending if it has a oled screen or not and shot count (https://www.justpaintball.co.uk/planet-eclipse-gtek-stretch-poison-pre-loved.html) but you can add a very nice Gmek frame to it

https://www.justpaintball.co.uk/gmek-mechanical-trigger-kit.html

Allowing you to run it as a mech marker for fun or mech only games.

Maxwell1209

Morning Wood
May 21, 2017
Don’t bother with ansgear as they are in the US, which means you’ll pick up international postage and then get hit at customs for import vat (which will be 20% of both value and postage) and also get charged a handling fee somewhere between £8 and £20 on top

Justpaint.com doesn’t exist, so do you mean justpaintball.co.uk?
In which case they are here in the UK so you just pay the price + postage

Spyders are cheap and cheerful
The Cronus, 98 and a5 are all Tippmann so have a good background and support, but are also fairly basic or old but reliable designs

Gog is what was Smart Parts and is decent

I have an Etha, and it’s a good runner. It’s an eclipse so the tech guys are at events such as Cpps and Paintfest
But it’s reliable and needs no more than a basic wipe down and a lube
It can equally stand up at a tournament level or basic recreational games

View attachment 57310
Ok thank you for your help. Yeah it was justpaint.co.uk that was my bad. Yeah i was thinking about a Etha as a starter or a Etek

Maxwell1209

Morning Wood
May 21, 2017
Depends on your budget but I'd go for a second hand Etek or Etha for a first marker. Reliable, simple and Eclipse are normally sh*t hot on their tech support (not that my GTEK has ever needed it).
Alright thanks for the help dude :)

Nereme

Feb 19, 2018
I will say currently the Axe Pro is on sale on BZpaintball (i think it was) and its very well priced for a great bit of kit and is worth a look if you have not already