Welcome To P8ntballer.com
The Home Of European Paintball

startin' out

tb-303

Shootin’ fools shootin’ fools
Oct 8, 2001
wolverhampton, UK
Hi all
a few friends and i enjoy p8ntball a lot and have started to go more regularly,but are looking at cranking it up a notch.so where do we go from here? basically i'm just after advise(and just curious) on what steps people took on that big ol' ladder that is the world of paintball.so if you have any advice on how to start out,equipment to get etc or just info that you've picked up and think would be useful to a newbie i(and a few others) would like to hear it.
i realise its a topic probually done a thousand times on this forum,but hey what else is a newbie forum for?
cheers for any feedback
tb-303

Play alot before you buy a gun, save up some money though cos you are gonna need your own kit eventually. (goggles, gloves, clothes etc before a gun and when you do buy one make sure itys the gun for you)

Many big sites hold walk on days , or go to a local tourney which are very newbie friendly these days(it is also the perfect opportunity to try out peoples guns and find the one you like).

Its at these types of things you can pick up some good second hand kit without paying through the nose for it.

At a walk on you just turn up, at a tourney you need your own team but if you talk to the organiser he will hook one or two of you up with a team thats short a few players.

Tell us where youre from and someone who lives near you will tell you where/when the next tourney/walk on is in your area.

Bluefrog

Sep 23, 2001
Near Aberdeen, Scotland
Visit site
Agree

Yeah i agree with John that'll need to get your own kit eventually, i ordered my kit the other day.

First on your list should be goggles, and not a gun. A good set of goggles preferably with thermal lenses (wont steam up when ur out-of-breath).

Then after that you can branch out for a gun, and good reliable gun like a Tippmann would be good for your first gun, its durable and upgradeable. Along with the gun you'll need a CO2 tank and a hopper ( better to get a 9v or 12v rovolution hopper)

So there u have a set of goggles and a gun.... ur basic kit. After that maybe a new barrel, new lenses ( just incase ), and some extras.........

Remembe:- GOGGLES FIRST

Fooey

Pie Muncher
I coppied this from a web site so i can't claim it but i thought it was valid:

There is an old saying. "Always buy a good bed and a good pair of shoes because if you are not in one then you are in the other" In paintball the saying should be "Always buy a good pair of boots and a good pair of goggles because you will be wearing both all day.

so there you go, save up and by a very comfortable thermal pair.

tb-303

Shootin’ fools shootin’ fools
Oct 8, 2001
wolverhampton, UK
cheers so far

Hmmmm i've read that quote before but can't remember where anyway i had taken note and have ordered my goggles already. only a couple of goes on site "been worn 100 times" googles and you know its a essential purchase. at least with your own if the lens is scratched you can only blame yourself for it. a friend has just got a 2nd hand automag and is getting an autococker soon so i'll give those a go and see how they feel.should be fun!
any more advise?
tb-303

Loki

Oct 7, 2001
London
Visit site
TB,

If you find that you like the auto-mag then I am currently trying to sell mine as I'm upgradeing to an Angel. (ok ok, i know this is a blatant plug but i think a mag is a great starting gun, especially if you find you want to branch out into tournaments later on!)

L