Welcome To P8ntballer.com
The Home Of European Paintball

starting a team

Solonor

its all about fun

Everythin's ok.
1.But don't forget that you need to have guys you like in your team. If not you're goin'nowhere soon. No pointing fingers,no blamin'each other.
2.And also try to have guys with the same level of dedication. VERY IMPORTANT. Your nerves will brake soon if you've not.
3. And always discuss your problems.
4.Don't come in Greece.you'll end up painted by the SMK and stop paintball:D :D :D Just kiddin'!!! Find nice guys as opponents to train with.
REMEMBER HAVING FUN IS THE MOST IMPORTANT!!!!

Simon Malone

Nov 30, 2001
Hook, Hants
www.nspl.co.uk
Firstly good luck with your new team, I hope it works out well.

Forget about all this communication crap everybody is talking about for now. You need to start by working on your technique, communication doesn't stop you from getting shot out, but playing tight does. Practise coming out of your bunker showing as little of yourself as possible, remember all you need is one eye to look with and your barrel pointing at them. Trust me, if you show anymore than this teams like GZ will eat you alive:rolleyes:

Movement is also very important, watch Dynasty play and you'll see they never stop moving forward. By moving forward you make it harder for the other team to locate all your players.

Play tight and keep pushing is all you need for now, and as for communication keep it as simple as possible. Some basic codes to account for eliminated players, etc.

Most importantly just have fun:D

Cenobite

Prize Muppet
Apr 18, 2002
Warwickshire, UK
www.cenobite.co.uk
I agree with the last poster, being as tight as possible is critical, however communication is also critical. If you cant communicate with your team, you will be at a big disadvantage against any team that can. However again as the previous poster said, keep it simple. Codes for opposition eliminated, own team eliminated, codes for pushing, dropping back muggings etc etc

I always held the opinion that until you play tournament ball you dont really know what "tight" is. Rec-ball is all good and well as a platform for building skills, but your average punter, is deaf to his teams communication, blind to shooting angles/lanes and oblivious to team work. Now I admit that there are walk-ons and vet recballers who are very good team players, but on average you can get away with being not so tight or so organised. However you look at a team of experienced players recball or tourny and they will punish punters, its a combination of keeping tight when in cover, always looking for angles and communicating whenever possible, and of course movement through supportive teamwork.....

In tournaments, a team playing as a team will really punish players who dont know how to keep tight. My first tournament game was a real culture shock, what I thought was tight from my years of recball left me open to being eliminated. I learned pretty fast when I was open and when I wasnt....

deadeye_85

Sep 24, 2002
Victoria, Australia
Visit site
Im also new to paintball, and the info Ive read so far on this thread is real good for people who are wanting to play tournament paintball.

1. Technique (have everyone practice snap shooting, sliding, peeking etc) Every player needs to learn to hold his own.

2. Communication (This is what holds a team together on the field, try to keep things simple though. You wont be able to win without it.

3. Tactics (Walk fields before games, and take note of key positions, and other strengths and weaknesses of the field. Work on strategies as a team. Get everyone to have some input. Designate your midmen, backmen, and frontman, etc.

4. Markers (Your guns may be okay now for starting tournaments, but look into upgrading to Shockers, Angels, or Cockers or something when you have the money. You need every edge you can get in this game, and intimidation is also a bonus of having those kinds of markers.

5. Practice regularly, maybe every 2 weeks if you can. Run all the drills you can think of that you think will improve the technique of every player in your team. Keep fit as well, eat right, exercise, do weights, it all helps (especially if your lugging around a large Shocker like myself).

6. Once you've one a couple of tournaments, have a look at getting some Sponsorhip. It may be hard but if you are persistent it will happen. Even if you can get just a few cases of paint a month from a local paintball shop, i will sure help.

7. Meetings. Have team meetings. Discuss amongst youselves what you think the team should be doing, where it should be going, and improvements that can be made.

I hope that stuff helps. It sure has helped me improve my game dramatically.

John_Wilson

Will mark for money!
May 22, 2002
Visit site
My bit

I reckon that before you start you should know two things, I speak from experiance on both points.

1) Paintball will suck you wallet dry, it does with me and will continue to do so until I hang up my shocker.

2) be VERY GOOD friends as you will argue over all sorts of rubbish who pays for kit who does this blah blah blah.

Other than that communication, put the slightly larger size of player at the back and tell them to say what they see ( like catchphrase with out the yellow guy) and the fast little people at the front, works for us. oh and find a nice local site to help you with your habit, offer to marshal or wear there logo/colours for reduced paint or services.