Welcome To P8ntballer.com
The Home Of European Paintball

Starting Gear: Hopper and Bottle (And WGP MG-7 Pro/H18 Eros-SE)

Lollingsgrad

Feb 16, 2011
Coventry
Going back to the bottle stuff; I'm confused about something. If I did get a 3K rated bottle, and the site had a 4.5K rated filling station, does that mean I couldn't fill my bottle? There seem to be differing opinions on the internet about it, and no reference to it in the safety guide. Does it depend on the site? Will they generally have someone there who'll do it for you or will you just be told you can't refill?

hello_moto

Feb 7, 2010
Birmingham
you can fill a 4500psi upto 3k psi but not the other way round. In short, best to get a 4500psi bottle to have the best of both worlds.

At rental sites, there's usually some dude around that will fill your bottle for you. At tournies like CPPS, there are air fill stations conveniently located for self-use.

Luke H

Apr 29, 2010
Wrexham
A couple of months ago, I was in this position. I ended up buying an etek 2, 3000psi steely, and halo v 35. I'd strongly reccommend getting a 4500 fiber wrap tank, as I've just got one and my steely seems a waste of money now, gun wise definately look at mini's pmr's and etek's instead of the H18 Eros E, they will last a lot longer, and if you dislike paintball you can make the money by selling it on. SECOND HAND IS THE WAY!!!

Lollingsgrad

Feb 16, 2011
Coventry
I'm agreeing. My opinions keep changing on this forum so I'm sorry for being so inconsistent, but the whole reason I engage in these discussions is to make sure I don't balls up and do the wrong thing. I've been seeing it's possible to catch a second hand 68/4500 at around £70 delivered, so I'll definitely be holding out for that.

CraigofScotland

Naked fun time
Oct 4, 2009
Glasgow, Scotland
Get the fibre wrap. The biggest scenario games (the super6) are 4500psi. They do of course have 3000psi, but then the 4.5k is there, it makes alot of difference. . more game time, more time at an objective, more shooting Nialist :D

Gadget

Platinum Member
Jul 16, 2002
Essex, UK
Just to echo the great advice you've had so far - 2nd hand is the way to go. Get the 4500 fibre wrap. A 3000 steelie would work fine but I can guarantee you'll want to replace it 6 months down the line. Less weight, more shots per fill and the choice of any fill station make the 4500 a no brainer.

Halo is a great choice for loader, they'll keep up with any marker out there, there's a huge number around so they're affordable and parts are readily available. The only disadvantages compared to the more recent top-end loaders such as the Rotor/Prophecy is that it's more fiddly to strip/clean and heavier on batteries - but when you consider a 2nd hand Halo is £30 and a Rotor £80 it's the best value option.

On the marker front, another one to consider is a 2nd hand Angel 1 - not much more money than those mentioned and a genuine top-end spec marker. Personally I'd avoid cheapo markers like the Eros.

Lollingsgrad

Feb 16, 2011
Coventry
Yeah I've pretty much committed to spending the money second hand now. Well, provided it turns out to be safe. I've bought a mask on these forums now (Vforce Profiler £15 delivered) so I'll see if they actually turn up. Besides it looks like it's not beyond the realms of possibility to pick up a 68/4500 for £70 here so I'll definitely be holding out for a decent deal. I'll add Angel 1 to the list of things I'll look out for, I think overall I'm most interested in an Invert Mini just because they're so pretty.