Welcome To P8ntballer.com
The Home Of European Paintball

Starting Marker

Rat

eating brick!
Sep 18, 2005
worcester UK
yep, the only real difference is the etek doesnt have a screen showing the firing modes and a couple of minor other internal differences, otherwise they're the same, think the eteks were released in 07 aswell.

Fragon

Dec 15, 2010
high wycombe
i recently got me an ego 5 for 160 and i couldn't be happier i sometimes have accuracy issues but i think its due to the barrel not being 100% clean, they say there is a big difference in terms of hardware between egos 05/06 - 07/08 thats why the price difference but to be honest mate i think my ego 5 can do as much damage on the field as an ego 10, i played vs ego10 owners... ok i got fu***d most times but it was because of the skill not gun ;) however i did win a 1on1 with a guy with ego 8 if i remember correctly so i would really recommend you to get first of all good hopper, then good mask and a jersey and pants then save money on your first marker, simply because i think you will not see much of a difference and a newbie with ego 11 will still lose against better player with proto rail or even mechanic probably :) im planning to use my ego 5 for 6 months and then sell it for 120, i will end up practically paying 40 pound for renting a gun for 6 months :D then ill buy me an ego 8 maybe :) but anyway my point is... SAVE MONEY ON GUN! but buy good hopper mask and bottle, i made a mistake of buying an alluminium 3k bottle for £40, other guys there on the field have bigger yet lighter bottles and that gives them advantage. again you could argue a heavy bottle is good to practice with help develop all the little muscles in your arms but still... i want a proper bottle now :D

Inkie

Team Relapse
Now as you probably know I have just bought that awesome Etek 1 from Bam..

This is the hopper I want to get:

Empire Reload II paintball hopper

(£32.00)

And here is the Air Bottle:

3000psi 0.8l Air System

Now.. Is this air system big enough for woodsball at my local paintball site?
Would it be good for someone who shoots approx 1500 paintballs through 8, fifteen minute games?

Thanks!

- Inkie

Rat

eating brick!
Sep 18, 2005
worcester UK
Yarp
:D
Planet released a star frame for it. I don't know how I'll ever live without an LCD board again, they're just so easy!
That's schooled me, thanks for that Bam didn't know!

regards the tank, it should do, but a carbon wrapped may just be better and personally i would opt for the 4500psi ones just for that extra "air time", even if the site doesnt fill upto 4500 it would give you the option if you play at sites that do.