Welcome To P8ntballer.com
The Home Of European Paintball

Starting out

Grifiths

Jul 21, 2017
Bit of a trek that mate...I pop over to t'Gate quite a bit and those roadworks don't help (good pubs there though) :p

@Grifiths if you know a Suzanne Howell I will laugh my ass off (probably a meaningless joke but worth a laugh)
Road works are a nightmare round here and still they don't fix the holes

No who's Suzanne dare I ask

Cube

M2Q'd eblade or the LV1...decisions, decisions
May 4, 2002
Warrington
Road works are a nightmare round here and still they don't fix the holes

No who's Suzanne dare I ask
Suzanne's a mate of mine, everywhere we go she seems to know someone from Harrogate...managed to bump into a friend from the town in a bar at Glastonbury 150K people and she finds someone she knows and i don't let her forget it...worth a chance to see if I could take the piss out of her for it again. ;):p

Anyway, onto more important (and non-wind up related) questions. There's a site on York road by the motorway, but I think it's a punter site and I've not seen any mention of walkons. From what I remember YPC is the closest to you, run by/associated with the guys from FatBobs IIRC. Never been but I think they do walkons.

As for the bottle fill thing, I bought a dive tank and an adaptor when I first moved to air, get them filled at any scuba shop...doubt a dive shop will have the fittings for a tiny tank so other than that you're going to a site or a shop. There's a dive shop on Knaresborough Road by the hospital so you could ask/try there.

Grifiths

Jul 21, 2017
Ahhh we've all got the one friend like that who knows everyone lol but good for nights out tho
Take the piss anyway and say that name rings a bell but I'm crap with names

I'll a drive to that paintball place today and have a nosey and see if they do walkons and about tank refills

Would like to get into it it's just finding that starting point

Tom

Tom
Nov 27, 2006
Salisbury
www.TaskForceDelta.co.uk
Need to find somewhere in harrogate to go aswell thinking off it

Need to get a mask and shirt and stuff first might be a good idea tho if anyone knows where to get Cheap from so don't look a complete newbie haha
Don't worry about 'proper' paintball gear to fit in.

You do want comfortable goggles of your own, but don't make the mistake of thinking you must have the right type of jersey etc.

When I started out I bought a lightweight speedball jersey from the bargain bucket as Phoenix paintball. I wore it about twice before giving it to a teammate about 10 years later
If you go to a walkon you will see everyone from full on tactical, speedballers and guys in jeans & tshirts.

Wear what is comfortable for you, fits your budget and what you like
Let time develop your preferences
It's only when you get to tournaments that the site & referees will require you to wear a proper jersey