Welcome To P8ntballer.com
The Home Of European Paintball

State of UK teams?

Kevin Winter

Dec 10, 2008
I thought this might be worth separating out from the rumours thread?

What is the state of play with the UK teams who are going to hit the Mills series this year?

I know Tigers are down a division and rebuilding (although they're keeping the FB feed busy ATM).
Firm are back for the CPL, still with some US guests?
Not sure what's happening with Nexus with Ash's move?

Be nice to have a clear picture of who's playing when/where?

Reactions: Spikerz

Tony Harrison

What is your beef with the Mac?
Mar 13, 2007
UK teams in the MS break down as follows, as at today's date:-

CPL - Firm
SPL - Lucky 15's & Disruption
D1 - Topcats
D2 - Warped, Lucky's 2, Nexus 2, Firm 2, NPF Raiders
D3 - Pod Thieves, P4K, GBV, Nexus 3, Tigers Hybrid, Onslaught, Shoreline, SAD, Warped 2, Norfolk, Redskins
D4 - Showtime, Purge, Warped 3, SAD, Hellfire, Envyous.

That's 26 teams spread over 6 dvisions. This may be an incorrect figure, as it is based on 2016 rankings....also, given that Nexus 1 is gone, where does that leave Nexus 2 & 3? I'm also unsure what Showtime are doing, as they won a 3 event series that paid their entry into the London leg, which was the only one they played - as did a few others.

If we compare that to, say, the French, they have 49 teams over 6 divisions, including 4 in the CPL and 7 SPL, while the Germans have 34 over 6 divisions.

Why?

My gut reaction is cost. Paintball isn't cheap, and the cost of a season in the MS is shocking. With exchange rates taking a turn for the worse it's going to be more expensive than ever for UK teams to compete in Europe this year. Add to that we have a very good National circuit in the CPPS - which attracts about 150 teams every event - you can see players are voting with their wallets.

If my maths is incorrect, feel free to chip in.

Rikk

Mar 22, 2011
Salisbury
UK teams in the MS break down as follows, as at today's date:-

CPL - Firm
SPL - Lucky 15's & Disruption
D1 - Topcats
D2 - Warped, Lucky's 2, Nexus 2, Firm 2, NPF Raiders
D3 - Pod Thieves, P4K, GBV, Nexus 3, Tigers Hybrid, Onslaught, Shoreline, SAD, Warped 2, Norfolk, Redskins
D4 - Showtime, Purge, Warped 3, SAD, Hellfire, Envyous.

That's 26 teams spread over 6 dvisions. This may be an incorrect figure, as it is based on 2016 rankings....also, given that Nexus 1 is gone, where does that leave Nexus 2 & 3? I'm also unsure what Showtime are doing, as they won a 3 event series that paid their entry into the London leg, which was the only one they played - as did a few others.

If we compare that to, say, the French, they have 49 teams over 6 divisions, including 4 in the CPL and 7 SPL, while the Germans have 34 over 6 divisions.

Why?

My gut reaction is cost. Paintball isn't cheap, and the cost of a season in the MS is shocking. With exchange rates taking a turn for the worse it's going to be more expensive than ever for UK teams to compete in Europe this year. Add to that we have a very good National circuit in the CPPS - which attracts about 150 teams every event - you can see players are voting with their wallets.

If my maths is incorrect, feel free to chip in.
Which listing are you looking at?? Last year's????

Tony Harrison

What is your beef with the Mac?
Mar 13, 2007
Which listing are you looking at?? Last year's????
Yes, as the post says they are 2016 stats.

If you look at the MS page for 2017 teams, it only shows 10 UK teams over 6 divisions so far....but that doesn't reflect the number of UK teams that will actually play the MS this year.

frosty

warped player
Aug 9, 2005
solihull
w
As far as the warped teams go on that list only warped play the whole series, warped 2 and 3 only played campaign