Welcome To P8ntballer.com
The Home Of European Paintball

Steam issue

Bolter

Administrator
Aug 19, 2003
Kettering
www.facebook.com
Was playing BFBC2 yesterday no problems.

Turned on PC today and I get this message after trying to load up steam

"steam.exe (main exception): unable to write to the current steam application folder. Please move steam to a folder where you have write privileges"

anyone know why Im getting this? Using windows 7.

Thanks in advance!

DrunkZombie

Team GBH
May 27, 2007
England, kent
www.team-gbh.co.uk
Try turning it off and on :)
I've never come across this problem with steam before but you could try running steam with administrative privileges (right click steam, properties, compatibility, change settings for all users, check the box for "run this program as an administrator"

Update, seen Zendeejay's post.

If you need to give steam write privileges, you need to open C:\Program Files (x86) (if running 64bit windows) Right click on steam folder, properties, Security tab, click on the Edit (to change permissions), select your user (or the user you wish to open steam with) then check all the allow boxes. This should be enough to enable steam to write. (on a side note, I have all the allow boxes in system ticked as well)

Bolter

Administrator
Aug 19, 2003
Kettering
www.facebook.com
Try turning it off and on :)
I've never come across this problem with steam before but you could try running steam with administrative privileges (right click steam, properties, compatibility, change settings for all users, check the box for "run this program as an administrator"
Running as administrator seems to be working! Very weird!

Dont really wish to re-install steam, but will if I have to. More asking for answers to this weird problem. Its not like Ive changed any settings.