Welcome To P8ntballer.com
The Home Of European Paintball

Sterling STP, new or old?

noobie

May 22, 2015
Can I ask, has anyone had/used an original pro-line sterling stp as well as a modern stp sterling? What were your observations/opinions on both?

Also do pump sites exist or do they tend to be pump days at regular sites?

Tony Harrison

What is your beef with the Mac?
Mar 13, 2007
Get a new one. They are excellent value new, compared to what some 2nd hand ones are going for.

Re your second question - first part no, second part yes.

noobie

May 22, 2015
Good to know Rick and thanks for the reply.I see the new versions are £189 on average but the second hand sales for pumps seems quite low, even on the models I'm interested in and as a buyer that is a good thing, I guess I know I am too far of an old fart to spend huge dollops of cash on paintball as I did my first time around so wanted to stick with what I knew.

I'll have to start looking at those sites that do pump days and see how they work out

Again, cheers

niloc65

Aka Colin
Oct 4, 2013
Worthing - West Sussex
Gee Tee and I have been running pump days at Campaign in Cobham on the SupAir field and woodland, these have been great events - we hope to do some more this summer. Watch this forum for dates.

Just stuck a photo of my old STP on FB paintball page ......... I'm astonished at the offers I have been getting, now I put this photo on, with all the bits & bobs .......... overtaken the cost of a new one and it was last used in a tourney, at Mayhem Masters in 1994 !!

Attachments

Last edited:
Reactions: Game

noobie

May 22, 2015
Well funny you mentioned that...he was selling one, I bought it :D

Just out of interest...in regard to proline sterlings...who would be the best u.k. based company/person to service and possibly tune one?

niloc65

Aka Colin
Oct 4, 2013
Worthing - West Sussex
To be honest Proline themselves are very good. My Brother recently bought a replacement body for his aging Sterling and was very pleased with the service and information and prices.

noobie

May 22, 2015
I think I'm after more of someone who was the go to guy when it came to sterlings, someone who you could talk to, tell them what you want and then send it to them and it comes back on the money.

I'm sure Arrow could service it or may have old type parts but I'm looking a bit more for a sterling genius. Did the preds have these for a while?

niloc65

Aka Colin
Oct 4, 2013
Worthing - West Sussex
Yes - Preds did run with them for a while, mostly while Marcus ran the shop. I've a Pred Prepped STP just acquired of a mate who bought it from Marcus back in the day. Has tell tale Marcus mods. I've yet to run any air through it but it strokes really smooth. Not sure who the "sterling genius" would be these days. Racking my brain going through the older teams and thinking who's still about on forums etc. @I used to good.Honest might have some contacts.

Reactions: noobie