Welcome To P8ntballer.com
The Home Of European Paintball

Stolen From UKM Uttoxeter

Slapper Guy

just add beer
Apr 26, 2004
Wirral
Visit site
Most folks that play ball are "abit more special" always seems to me at tournies peeps are in the most genuinely really friendly and approachable for advice on all sorts of matters, hence the family like feeling in the balling community.

How many times have you borrowed a marker or seen a total stranger give another stranger a loan of the gun for a game and then the lender's not even bothered about getting the balls back that had been in the hopper. No way would I lend my car to a total stranger and even then I'd be a bit miffed if a mate who'd borrowed my car brought it back empty of petrol !

Just think it's sad that theft is getting more and more common cos the vast majority of ballers are spot on. Players are just gonna have to start keeping an eye open for other ballers, you normally know who's staging around the same area as you so ........ and yes I always pot up hoppers after having a "loan" :rolleyes:

Stevie_c

Mighty KPA Gaffer
Mar 3, 2006
West Midz
www.kpapaintball.com
to be honest, i value my marker too much and its almost constantly attached to my right arm, when it's not one of my team looks out for it, and we do the same for them, if anyone moves they take, ALL the teams markers and kit with them.
Its a shame it's come down to all this, but the end of the day you can't be certain if it was a player?? or a spectator? or just some lil tw@ on a quad, so assume everyone around you is that "thieveing lil git" that took that paintchucker 6000!
Could try locking down the staging area to players only, have 1 way in and the same way out,and an admin is on that enterance to keep out non-players, each player should have a wrist band with their team name on it, also each team is allocated a table, of which the admin staff knows the locations of, that way if a player is skulking round a table that not his, with no-one about, some-one can pull them up and ask them "what the f**k they are doing" at a table thats not thiers and no-ones there!
also an earlier point of mine:-
each table should have one of those buzzer thingys they have in high street clothes shops, that clothes are attached too, or the ones in PC world that stops ppl thieving the laptops! easy enough to put in, just drill a hole in the table, and attach one end of the cable to it, and the very loud sounder box bit, and the other looped through the markers trigger guard! lets see those thieving toe-rags walk out with a nice shiney, gat, and a massive picnick table, belting out a screech at 110db's!!!! can't see them getting too far then!:mad:
I used to be in the army and when not using firearms they was always chained together one way or another!!!

Stevie_c

Mighty KPA Gaffer
Mar 3, 2006
West Midz
www.kpapaintball.com
bruce said:
i take it you have proof as you seem to be labelling those 2

bruce

Stevie_c said:
but the end of the day you can't be certain if it was a player?? or a spectator? or just some lil tw@ on a quad
...no, thats why i said you can't be certain who it was, i did say players, spectators and them, so i'm not labeling anyone. Its Just a case of, live and learn and not let your gat out your sight!
they were hanging around and did look sus' but you/I, can't/won't pin the blame on them, or anyone else.
To stop the theft's take away the temptation.

*Note* these are my thoughts alone, and are in no way, accussing or pointing the finger at anyone. Sorry if my thoughts offend anyone.
Steve

HELLRAISER said:
yeah good idea but its quite bad that now it has come to the stage where you need too lock your gear.

and watch the people around you.:mad:
I could not agree more. One of the many things I like about paintball is that you used to be able to leave £1000's of pounds worth of gear unatended without any worry.

A sad fact of society today is that you cannot!

Sod the bollock remover. A traditional kicking would work better!:mad:

J Wilson

Redshift Hooligan
Mar 6, 2006
Richmond
lump said:
Ok I have a feeling on this, and yes I think I may upset someone. But ah well.

My thought is that it was without question a player. But not tourney I think that tourney and rec don’t that often cross. So if you say for argument sake a rec player has these gats away. They won’t show up at the tourney scene. Just after lunch I saw 3 guys camo bottoms boots ECT and they were down by the tent at the bottom of the site. probably innocent but do you see my point?

I am for sure going to get my kit on in the morning and only go to staging area with one gat :eek: and when I break that one get another and another :eek:

I am not having the stuff that I work hard for stolen by another player. Its some one who knows how we all are and they know that we leave our kit just lying around and until we wise up and realise that not all players can be trusted and are the nice guy you were just chatting too: mad:

I have also rang my home insurance and made sure that all my kit is covered and I have photos of the lot

We have all got to get a grip and think that some one else in this sport has not got the same feelings towards it as the rest of us do. One or two players in with us are a thief and cannot be trusted. Until the day comes when he is found out. Protect your kit yourself. dont look to event organiser to sort it for you. I know I will be keeping my stuff safe at every event from now on.

So you thieving siht hope you enjoy your new toy and hope it makes you happy for a while. And then I hope some one repays the favour and goes around to your house while you’re out at a tourney and robs you blind
Personally i'm going to sit by my kit bag with a big stick
And if i'm playing i'm sure i could borro someone for the big stick duties

Michael Merola

bust 3 hoppers in 1 day!
Aug 17, 2004
Milton Keynes / Birmingham
Some sort of Temp locker system i believe would be a great idea,

Though i can't speak for everyone, i certainly wouldnt mind paying say a small fee on the day to have a key to a locker, then returning it at the end of the day.

If there is such a company that even does Temp Lockers on demand.

Just a thought