Welcome To P8ntballer.com
The Home Of European Paintball

Students Rioting today

Jun 11, 2008
The myth supported by the media is that universities are filled to the brim with students studying worthless courses.
The last govenment introduced a policy whereby those under 18 needed to be in some form of further education. The press portrays this as everybody going to university but that's not the case.
As Jay pointed out, not everybody like formal learning in a classroom/lecture environment and the legislation includes vocational training.
It horrifies me the level of debt students will have when starting work and this will have a direct impact on us as tax payers/house owners.
By 2025 the number of people retired will be close to the number of people working. This will make the state pension unaffordable without increasing taxes and forcing people to work longer. As the older end of the job market will not be able to retire the availability of jobs for those leaving university/starting work will be limited. Unemployed = a further strain on the govenment pot.
add to this the burden of debt for a student means that they will not be able to afford housing and the house prices will fall.
Those homeoeners who are expecting to retire in a large house and downsize to provide a nice nest egg are going to be sorely disappointed as house prices will not make much over the next decade.
By improving our education system we are investing in future generations and providing opportunities for stable employment and cutting edge development which will generate income for UK PLC.
Of course you only have to look at the worth of the current administration to understand this will not be an issue for their offspring and the old boys club is alive and well and looking after their own.

Reactions: Buddha 3

Robbo

Owner of this website
Jul 5, 2001
London
www.p8ntballer.com
All this social unrest and injustice makes ya wonder ... just what does it take before the average Joe feels embittered enough to get up off his fat ass and get to the streets to protest?

The politicians cannot just keep allowing the rich to get richer [and also acquire more power], for more and more immigrants to flood in, for the banking institution to keep authoring their own rule book with no active or sufficient deterrents .... the list is far too long to continue ... all I know is, at my time of life, I just wanna kick back with the wife and jog along but I'm afraid I must admit to harbouring feelings of some form of social activism.

I just wonder what the critical mass is for the fuse to be lit in relation to widespread activism and just how close we are to it ..

SabreWolf

Jan 25, 2005
Manchester
none
I dunno pete, the old folk i talk to in the pubs and in work keep saying to me, "im glad i wont be here to see whats coming and that i feel sorry for you and your children when it finally kicks off"

This is the views of pretty much all the old people i talk to in the pubs etc which in a way is kind of haunting.

Robbo

Owner of this website
Jul 5, 2001
London
www.p8ntballer.com
I want it to kick off but then again it is the nature of those type civil unrests that worries me because they have a life and momentum of their own, basically you'll have a hard time controlling anything once it does kick off.

We are supposed to have all sorts of social and judicial deterrents that work fine for the working class but have little to no effect when it comes to the privileged few.
I want those privileged few to experience some very real and extremely uncomfortable situations because I will argue this is the only way to get any change.

In my skewed opinion, incarceration and violence are the only deterrents that can now have any real affect on these people because those controls we have in place now are impotent and pointless.

If some body is banged up for a few years or introduced to some darker personalities who would have zero problem in inflicting some much-deserved physical pain, then this would have the required effect but of course, the latter will be ignored with the former hardly ever happening so as to be effectively ignored anyway.

I ain't saying this for effect or to provoke debate, I genuinely believe these privileged few have created a situation that leaves people with no alternative if change is needed.
I am saying all this because our politicians and big businesses have all maneuvered the situation to this point whereby penalties, deterrents and effective control have proved, and will continue to prove useless ...things are getting worse and if people want real social change then I'm afraid they will have to change their views on certain ideas of morality.

a) It's no good expecting politicians / bankers etc to change because of some moral or social compromise, they have already proved time and again they are immune to such pressures.

b) It's no good expecting our judicial system to cope with them either; even if we do happen to get one of them in the dock, they generally have a whole slew of lawyers waiting to argue some technical point to get them off the hook.

c) It's no good using the voting box to get change ... they are all the same and I don't see voting once every 5 years or so is any form of effective control anyway .. a lot of nasty things can happen in five years and so you are effectively precluded form doing anything anyway for those 5 years.

With those three potential control systems revealed as useless .. what have we got left?
Any suggestions anybody?

Reactions: Thib

SabreWolf

Jan 25, 2005
Manchester
none
hehe, indeed, however there could be a small amount of truth in the fact, if something big is going to happen in this country, then you might well indeed need one of those hidden under the floorboards just incase for your own protection ^^

leachy

Dec 1, 2005
Tamworth
Just my thoughts

My neice has just finished a few years at Northamptom Uni to get her degree in graphic design, She is now selling books at Waterstones in Birmingham where she has met her boyfriend that has a degree in law. Do you really need a degree to sell books?
My daughter is about to start on her journey through uni (to MY expense) and I back her all the way, but I have not been smashing up London cos I may have to pay a little more.
If you go into a news agents and you have four or five items the assistant would not know how much it came to if the till didn't work, and if you give them a little extra over the fiver so you don't have a pocket full of change it blows thier mind.
It's not a degree these kids need its a basic education in english and maths at junior and secondary schools to get them through life.
If I were in government at the moment I would say "OK you F***ers you can pay the £9000 plus another £3000 the clean up the mess.
Or you could do the same as everyone else and get a job and earn a living in a proper job

Missy-Q

300lb of Chocolate Love
Jul 31, 2007
Harlem, NY
I want it to kick off but then again it is the nature of those type civil unrests that worries me because they have a life and momentum of their own, basically you'll have a hard time controlling anything once it does kick off.

We are supposed to have all sorts of social and judicial deterrents that work fine for the working class but have little to no effect when it comes to the privileged few.
I want those privileged few to experience some very real and extremely uncomfortable situations because I will argue this is the only way to get any change.

In my skewed opinion, incarceration and violence are the only deterrents that can now have any real affect on these people because those controls we have in place now are impotent and pointless.

If some body is banged up for a few years or introduced to some darker personalities who would have zero problem in inflicting some much-deserved physical pain, then this would have the required effect but of course, the latter will be ignored with the former hardly ever happening so as to be effectively ignored anyway.

I ain't saying this for effect or to provoke debate, I genuinely believe these privileged few have created a situation that leaves people with no alternative if change is needed.
I am saying all this because our politicians and big businesses have all maneuvered the situation to this point whereby penalties, deterrents and effective control have proved, and will continue to prove useless ...things are getting worse and if people want real social change then I'm afraid they will have to change their views on certain ideas of morality.

a) It's no good expecting politicians / bankers etc to change because of some moral or social compromise, they have already proved time and again they are immune to such pressures.

b) It's no good expecting our judicial system to cope with them either; even if we do happen to get one of them in the dock, they generally have a whole slew of lawyers waiting to argue some technical point to get them off the hook.

c) It's no good using the voting box to get change ... they are all the same and I don't see voting once every 5 years or so is any form of effective control anyway .. a lot of nasty things can happen in five years and so you are effectively precluded form doing anything anyway for those 5 years.

With those three potential control systems revealed as useless .. what have we got left?
Any suggestions anybody?
We also have the ability to go live somewhere else if we don't like it.

I did.
To be honest, it was the speeding cameras that did it for me. Too fxxxking George Orwell.

Pmr Man

otherwise known as Bing!
Apr 24, 2008
satans layby- MILTON KEYNES
I want to do medicine at a Uni in around two years time, even with a NHS one year bursary and the potential for high earnings its still a lot of money (i'l suck it in for my part). But thats not why i'm angry. I have heard at least 5 influencial ministers saying how 'progressive' the new system is. I cannot remember the exact figures but for 'higher than average teachers' various people around the 40k a year bracket, it is impossible to pay it off. this means that 30 years of your life you will have to pay proportionally extortionate amounts.

The whole point of subsidising Uni funding is that they get their money back in taxes, but with this massive hike we're efffictivly paying to be taxed!

Oh and the loan intrets rate is going up