Welcome To P8ntballer.com
The Home Of European Paintball

Study into the true cost of paintball

Ballsey

London Fearless
Feb 12, 2009
Brighton
Thanks for all your replies and support guys, so glad hear voices of the community. Once i get a methodology section done i hope i'll have some questions ready by friday.

3l1te hax - Yes including gear, new and second hand. What you've listed are pretty much the sort of questions im looking to ask.

Phoenix - i promise not to tell your wife :p

Bolter - would love to be able to get you to fill in the survey, be great to compare top level play to bottom

M600 - Oh yeah i know that all to well, unfortunately when it comes to playing clothes i usually have to buy new as there seems to be no second hand small/medium kit in existance XD

Gadget - You'ev hit the nail on the head, unlike most sports we shell out for stuff (paint mainly) everytime we play and travel long distances. And yeah, scenarios do seem to offer much more value for money, especially with the new Super6 events this year, one of the goals of research is to find out what players want for their money, how can tournaments offer better value for the players money.

basktm

Dec 14, 2010
somerset
No-where near top level mate, but will happily help you with anything you want.
he didnt mean you were the top lvl player :D:D

But to be honest, i dont think paintball is all that expensive, yes if you compare it to football and such main stream sports.

but if you compare it to other sports in the extreme range, motorcross, snowboarding and that sort, its fairly good value.

We (well my boy) used to race MX and that was about twice as expensive as my dearest month at paintball, i never worked out how much it costs, just payed the money and raced but i do know my account at a local shop was over 6k end of season.

admittedly i don't do any comps yet, but do play at least once a month and pay for 2 each time.

I know it will bump the cost up a lot when i start tourney's but so does any comp sport.

As a whole i think cost is defined by fun or value for money and in these terms paintball is cheap. :eek:

basktm

Dec 14, 2010
somerset
I know. I didnt say I was either. He referred to me commenting on Div 1 Millennium as "top level play", of which I corrected. I havent even mentioned that I played Pro Millennium for 4 seasons, and got a trophy in Amsterdam in 2003.

Only kidding m8 :eek:

wasn't meant to offend

Ballsey

London Fearless
Feb 12, 2009
Brighton
Right, i've drafted a questionnaire which i plan to post in a more viewed section of the forum that i hope people will take 5 minutes to fill in, which section would be most appropriate?. Unfortunately i can't do so until i have obtained "Ethical Clearance" from my tutor (yeah i know, red tape c**p) so fingers crossed it will be up next week. Still need to sort interview questions for tourney organisers, shouldnt take me too much longer i hope.

Thank you all so much for your support, this is one of the reasons paintball better than alot of other sports, the quality of the people :)