Planet Eclipse Manic Paintball G.I Milsim Tipmann BZ Paintball DYE Paintball Valken Paintball

Suitable couriers?

Discussion in 'Air' started by The Dead Dodo, May 15, 2014.

1. The Dead Dodo Platinum Member

The Dead Dodo
    Message Count:
    Hello,

I have got to get my bottle tested and need to get it delivered to lips.
    Who have people had actually had success with postage?
    I know and have read about removing the burst disks and such but still looking at some wording bottles would be prohibited.

Thanks,

Will

2. Banil Jaguars

Banil
    Message Count:
    Well I have just sent a bottle today and it was collected by City link. I arranged the courier through parcel monkey.

Also saw a parcel pete van today claiming they are the cheapest delivery people in the uk. Their website is http://www.ipostparcels.com Can't find a prohibited items list tho.

3. The Dead Dodo Platinum Member

The Dead Dodo
    Message Count:
    Idea! I shall look at city link in a bit then :)
    Did you remoive the burst disks?
    Thanks,

4. Banil Jaguars

Banil
    Message Count:
    Tbh I just left the reg on. Didn't remove anything. From the tracking it had reached the local depot to where it is being delivered so I am assuming everything is fine.

I have read the ipostparcel's term and conditions. They mention nothing about air cylinders or paintball tanks. So you could try them.

5. The Dead Dodo Platinum Member

The Dead Dodo
    Message Count:
    Awesome cheers man :)

6. Banil Jaguars

Banil
    Message Count:
    If you are going to use them. Just give them a ring and see what they say. Or check double check their terms and conditions.

7. Tom Tom

Tom
    Message Count:
    As you've identified lips you are probably aware of the circumstances regarding policy changes.

The law on transporting dangerous goods applies, and turning it into a decompressed cylinder by removing burst disks, full nipples or regulator don't necessarily get you past a companies policy
    You need to check the prohibited and restricted goods lists for the company and potentially the different postage options
    If someone says they managed to get a delivery through via a particular company that does not mean it's ok. People have sent things and three have either got through or been intercepted.

See the threads linked for some last information, and pay close attention to companies terms and conditions

http://p8ntballer-forums.com/threads/important-news-about-air-tanks.162232/

http://p8ntballer-forums.com/threads/sending-air-bottles-with-royal-mail.161968/

http://p8ntballer-forums.com/threads/royal-mail-prohibited-goods.161917/

8. The Dead Dodo Platinum Member

The Dead Dodo
    Message Count:
    Ye I am aware thank-you :) thats why I want to make sure I get a suitable courier where people know they can and aren't just giving the company the slip.

9. EigirdD New Member

EigirdD
    Message Count:
    If you still need recommendation about cheap parcel delivery company, i can recommend Parcel ABC. I chose them few times and will choose again in the future. The best thing that they do door 2 door! Parcel ABC site: https://www.parcelabc.co.uk/

10. Tom Tom

Tom
    Message Count:
    Be wary, note the following in the prohibited items notes:

Please note that even though a Road or Economy service has been selected the items may be dispatched by air and you should pay particular attention to the regulations regarding dangerous goods. Similarly, any items packed with ADR labels regardless of their actual content will be considered as a Prohibited Item

Due to changes in legislation piantball air cylinders have become prohibited in many postage and courier methods. The above indicates that the courier primarily operates by surface mail but also may use air mail. This use of air mail would make a cylinder a prohibited item
    Note that it is also now irrelevant if the cylinder is depressurised - blame people in the past who sent pressurised cylinders with false or no declaration

Always read the small print and prohibited / restricted items lists