Welcome To P8ntballer.com
The Home Of European Paintball

Sup'air field

joshiro

www.lampeter-karma.co.uk
Jul 21, 2009
Lampeter Wales
Just enquiering if any one out there would know where to get cheap sup'air field for our team to train on, as theres no reall sites in wales that i can find. so i thought abought getting our own, mighty sports in america dose a team pakage for 750£ ish delivard via boat just wanted to see what i could get 2nd hand

onasilverbike

I'm a country member!
How much research have you done it to this field, does that price include shipping and the VAT and Customs Duty payable on landing? How many pieces are there in the set up? Have you considered the costs of a suitable playing area and any posts, netting and other infrastructure needed?

IMHO you would want to be aiming for as close a set up as you will be playing on at tournaments, obviously this isn't always possible and tournament set-ups can change too.

If you want any more input it might be worth posting up in the buying and selling advice forum.

If you are looking for a used field, are you prepared to travel and how far and do you have the vehicle (van, trailer etc.) to collect it with?

joshiro

www.lampeter-karma.co.uk
Jul 21, 2009
Lampeter Wales
according to the e-mail from the company this includes every thing its a small 11 pice set for team ptactice .

we have accsess to a van and all tho im not 100%, im shure we could colect from any where in the uk

the net sand stuff wone be such a big issue as its only for private use and i have accses to fields far from any public path or road due to all the farmer familly friends i have who have allready offerd up woodland for our team to practice woods ball in but we really wana get in to sup'air

NitroBall

SandStorm
Feb 20, 2006
Derby
Wildcats have a 5man field in storage. We havent used it for a while and is still in great condition, pm robof9 .

onasilverbike

I'm a country member!
according to the e-mail from the company this includes every thing its a small 11 pice set for team ptactice .

we have accsess to a van and all tho im not 100%, im shure we could colect from any where in the uk

the net sand stuff wone be such a big issue as its only for private use and i have accses to fields far from any public path or road due to all the farmer familly friends i have who have allready offerd up woodland for our team to practice woods ball in but we really wana get in to sup'air

Lampeter Karma www.lampeter-karma.co.uk
I suspect that the price quoted by them is the sale price and shipping, the VAT & Duty is applied by Customs & Excise once the goods are landed in the UK, there may even be extra carriage from port to you depending on the carrier elected by the supplying company. They can't really quote you for duty payable in the UK as it is out of their hands.

As it is only an 11 piece kit, there are 5pc training kits available in the UK, think the recommended retail on these is around £300 but I seem to remember some being offered at a clearance price not so long ago. My first response would be to call Jon at LiPS paintball 01707 325007 and discuss it with him.

2 of these kits at retail would be under your current budget and only one piece short of what you are looking at, 3 would probably come inside what you can expect to pay with VAT and Customs Duty. You may even get a discount on multiple purchases and a deal on shipping. Of course if you buy in the UK you'll get much better service if there are any problems.

These kits come with a small electric blower, but its US voltage and unless you have access to mains power and an adaptor won't be much good to you. You'll probably be looking for a petrol leaf blower, the typr used by most paintball sites is about £200 new, though you won't need as much power to blow up less/smaller bunkers and can probably pick up one s/h locally. or off ebay etc. for less than 1/2 the price.

As Sam mentioned, you'll probably want some sort of air supply to fill your bottles up, if you have a local dive shop then you may be able to hire them there, I have happily run training on 2x 300 bar tanks for around 6 people for 1/2 a day. 232 Bar tanks are more common, hold less air and you'll need more if there are more of you or you want to train for longer. Renting is a good option to start with, if you have a suitable dive shop/centre nearby, you will need your own adaptor to fill your bottles from the tanks. It might be worth dropping Tom Allen - one of the mods on here and a bit of an air guru.

I wish you alll the best with your project and hope the above helps.

joshiro

www.lampeter-karma.co.uk
Jul 21, 2009
Lampeter Wales
awsome thanks for the advice guys at tho mo we are just a team but we do have hope to open a sup'air site, as in wales at the mo there is'nt much on offer and we are quite centrall in wales geographicaly so it would be awsome.

Geoff lee 01

Apr 10, 2009
Skirmish Bristol have some old one's.

I think they will need repairing but they are cheap!!!!

Give them a ring.

01934 416507

red dragon

red dragon
Mar 18, 2008
uk
sites in wales

Hey m8t i read u cant find any sites 2 train in wales? try No Limit Bridgend dont think Mx7 4rom cardiff r still 2gether :) hope this helps u out?......

onasilverbike

I'm a country member!
Hey m8t i read u cant find any sites 2 train in wales? try No Limit Bridgend dont think Mx7 4rom cardiff r still 2gether :) hope this helps u out?......
Is this post written in the Welsh language, or some other unintelligible lingo?

If somebody could provide a translation it would be helpful as the last time I checked the language used on these forums was English!