Welcome To P8ntballer.com
The Home Of European Paintball

Super League!!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Just Gill

Platinum Member
The Super League tournament is based in the North East and is giving local players the chance to move out of the recreational scene and take the next step up the ladder into the paintball tournament scene.

Players from the Superleague series will progress up the ladder and join national tournaments - perhaps the PA, perhaps the UK Masters, perhaps something else. Or they will decide they don't like tournament paintball and will go back to playing recreationally. Some will choose just to stay at this level, some will progress.

Everyone had a great time on Sunday at the first event of the series.

Agreed - I allowed the tourney to be over-hyped in the first announcement. But it is a good event and I'm not going to say - "here comes Superleague - it's just new so please bear with us if it's a little bit mediocre". What kind of half-arsed marketing company would ever say something like that?

We promised pro-refs and there were two refs there who had been selected by the Millenium to ref the final of the World Cup in Toulouse. They reffed the entire tournament in Toulouse and then were selected to ref the final - we felt this a suitable endorsement. They are good refs and everyone sang their praises on the day. The other refs that were there did a great job and have been learning the ropes at the 3 man for some time. By all accounts they all did an excellent job. I am not aware of any complaints about the reffing from anyone who was there and am surprised that this has been flagged as an issue - although only by people who weren't actually there.

The Superleague tournament has high expectations and we are sure the next event will be even better than the last. We have approached more "pro" refs and have four of The Kellys confirmed to ref the next event.

The venue is superb. I have been to a lot of tournament venues in the country - I have attended a lot of trade stands. I know what is out there and speak from experience. The fields are flat. They are well netted. The safe area is well netted, all-weather surfaced and is solely for the use of the tournament players. There is also a car park purely for the tournament players. You can see the photos for yourself - the venue is great.

Robbo - thank you for your comments. You have posted elsewhere about the need for new blood into the sport and the lack of UK teams that entered the M5 series at Campaign. I hope this tournament series will help to achieve this. The three man series which takes place every Wednesday night at the Superleague venue has already created 15+ new three man teams in the area. Some of these new teams are now building to become 5 man teams so that they can enter the next event on 26th August.

A combination of the three man and the five man events is proving that not only can the transition from rental customer to tournament player be achieved but this can be achieved alongside the existing UK model. We charge £5 per man on a Wednesday night and the players get to use these facilities! 4500psi air fills are included in this price and paint is sold at standard tourney pricing. This has to be good for the sport. IS IT NOT?

Robbo, please feel free to give me a call at Just Paintball if you want to chat more about our motivation behind this series. It is to help the sport in the North East and ultimately the UK. Charging £5 a man for entry for a tournament where teams get 8 to 10 games each - this is excellent value for money for the players - not for me.

What we need to make the SL tournament better is more teams. It was a great event at the weekend but we'd like to see more teams at the next event. We clashed with Campaign - this gave us a soft launch onto the scene and the chance to iron out any blips. We would like to get 20 teams to the next event to prove what a great regional event this is.

To make this happen we'd like to invite teams to come and experience the event free of charge. We're waiving the entry fee for the first 12 teams that book in. You'll need to pay a £50 deposit to book your space but you'll get this back on the day. There will be two fields and you can see the photos online to see where you'll be playing!! I'll lay down a challenge to teams.... come and play, we are paying for the air, and the refs, and there is no entry fee for you. Bring your own paint if you want (but it must be tournament grade) - and we'll publish paint prices before the event if you want to buy paint from us on the day. Give us fair and honest feedback after you've played the event and we will do our best to deliver for you. Try it first - then tell us what you think - not the other way round. Please. Can I be more fair?

Iain

DCF - the beginning!!!
May 13, 2002
classified
Visit site
I don't think JC is against a northern league, leastwise I have seen nothing in his posts that suggests he is and so I can't seem to fathom why you would accuse him of that.
All he is doing is flagging up a lie; And just because other events do it (lie) as well doesn't excuse it in this case.
Iain, all JC did was to ask a question, that's all, and in my estimation, it was a legitimate one, 'why the blatant lies'?

Instead of accusing him of northern bias, why not spend your time and effort in trying to eradicate bullsh!t from event promotion which is a far more virtuous cause than the one you have just indulged yourself.
Robbo, while thanks for your relpy, I was merely stating a point that while most people were saying how much they enjoyed the event, someone has to come in without experiencing it to shoot it down.

We are all guilty of over promoting "Nexus are the best in the world" to quote you ;). While they are a very good team and probably the best in the country (dont want to go upsetting anyone else now do I) they were not the best in the world.

Russell, as you well know I am unbiased towards tounament series (don't really care either way) and have no gripe with yourself, the PA was the first event that came to mind, sorry to use it as an example. There are examples from most events I have been to. If you are to have a go at the refs, they may have only been to the world cup once but have marshalled many tourneys in this country (I believe they were asked to marshall the PA at one time). We could say the same for some of the UK refs, I know of some who only had to marshall one event to become one.

I know Wendy is more than capable of running her own series but as yet has not set one up. I was merely stating that a series has been set up in the North which can only really help the sport in the big picture as more people can try it and don't have to get in a car for 3 hours to get there.

I am not going to comment on the gullible partner or court cases as I know very little about these and I suggest you do the same.

Again, apologies to those I upset but I am only giving my own view.

:D

Robbo

Owner of this website
Jul 5, 2001
London
www.p8ntballer.com
We are all guilty of over promoting "Nexus are the best in the world" to quote you ;). While they are a very good team and probably the best in the country (dont want to go upsetting anyone else now do I) they were not the best in the world.

:D
Iain, if you are gonna quote me then please have the decency to quote me correctly, I have never said that, ever !!!!
Now, if you don't wanna piss me off, I would ask you to keep to the truth of the matter and don't indulge yourself again at my expense.
I sold Nexus over a year ago, it has nothing to do with me anymore nor would I want anything to do with it, so your point is flawed on several levels.

Problem is, you are trying to be a smart ass but from where I am sitting, you really ain't that smart.

Iain

DCF - the beginning!!!
May 13, 2002
classified
Visit site
Iain, if you are gonna quote me then please have the decency to quote me correctly, I have never said that, ever !!!!
Now, if you don't wanna piss me off, I would ask you to keep to the truth of the matter and don't indulge yourself again at my expense.
I sold Nexus over a year ago, it has nothing to do with me anymore nor would I want anything to do with it, so your point is flawed on several levels.

Problem is, you are trying to be a smart ass but from where I am sitting, you really ain't that smart.
My quote was actually made in jest, I don't know if you have said those words exactly but you have said things very similar. You may no longer be involved with the brand but you were and were promoting it for many years.

Are you trying to say that you have never made them out to be better than they were?

I don't condone over promotion but as you said in an earlier post "...this is paintball promotion JC; lying is par for the course mate, trouble is, it has now become like Animal Farm with some descriptions 'lying more than others' ......"

we have all done it at one time or another but that is no reason to shoot someone down for saying that they enjoyed a tourney. I dont understand where the blatant lie was as they did have two pro refs. over promotion but not a blatant lie.

Peace

Robbo

Owner of this website
Jul 5, 2001
London
www.p8ntballer.com
My quote was actually made in jest, I don't know if you have said those words exactly but you have said things very similar. You may no longer be involved with the brand but you were and were promoting it for many years.

Are you trying to say that you have never made them out to be better than they were?

I don't condone over promotion but as you said in an earlier post "...this is paintball promotion JC; lying is par for the course mate, trouble is, it has now become like Animal Farm with some descriptions 'lying more than others' ......"

we have all done it at one time or another but that is no reason to shoot someone down for saying that they enjoyed a tourney. I dont understand where the blatant lie was as they did have two pro refs. over promotion but not a blatant lie.

Peace

Something similar?????
Something f'kin' similar???

Ya mean like, Nexus are the best team on Pluto, Neptune or maybe Saturn perhaps ????

I have never said anything like that you f'kin halfwit; I branded (along with Ledz) and promoted them, I did not indulge myself by being a liar and don't try and make me out to be one either.
You confuse promotion with deception and only a fool would do that.
Don't try and drag me down to your level.

As for you saying it was 'said in jest', well, where's the qualifier to say that you were misquoting me ??
There wasn't one, so, it wasn't made in jest at all was it?
It was an ignorant attempt at making a point that couldn't be made at my expense.

oobermybeer

Uni Of Teesside Paintball
Feb 5, 2007
Middlesbrough
to be honest, im fed up with all the politics in paintball, why the F*ck cant every one get on, its sport, there are arguments on and off the field, and there are a load of Pr*cks all over,

look the way it was, is that i had a great day, and its gonna be an awesome tourney just need money teams, and refs, and was more than amazing for a first attempt,

no will you guys all cut it out, your all here for the love of the sport, not the hate of each other, it just seems like your all more interested in discrediting every one else than just playing some ball, cos thats what its all about, paintball nothing else :p

it was good fun paintball, nothing more, and yes craig and the rest want to publicise it and make thier 5 man sound good, who doesnt. and yes it was.

now pleeease stop discrediting this tournament,

Markie C

Carlos Spicy Weiner
Aug 1, 2004
Northern Quarter
www.northernquarterpb.com
To lie to promote an event is going to make you come unstuck which is why i think we are seeing a back lash for this "super league"

You say gill that what kind of promoter would say"a little bit mediocre"

Well what promoter would say they have the tops teams in the country playing the event ????

With my limited knowledge of the paintball world lying to promote an event is just going to get you no wear because people will always found you out.

I have f**ked up in the past not by lying about an event just about things going wrong with sh*t which i couldn't control IE the weather the compressor not starting the blower being nicked but players don't want to hear it as far as they are concerned its your "fault"

So if you make promise or even just statements to do some thing then do it.

And i really would revise from using the words Pro ref's when they have only ref'd one event at that standard ( and don't take that as a dig just take it as what it is) just say you have good reff's.

The only reff's i would call pro ref's are ref's that ref full time and have been to the "world cup the real one in the states.

that is my 2 pence worth do with it as you wish be don't be at it.

Robbo

Owner of this website
Jul 5, 2001
London
www.p8ntballer.com
to be honest, im fed up with all the politics in paintball, why the F*ck cant every one get on, its sport, there are arguments on and off the field, and there are a load of Pr*cks all over,

look the way it was, is that i had a great day, and its gonna be an awesome tourney just need money teams, and refs, and was more than amazing for a first attempt,

no will you guys all cut it out, your all here for the love of the sport, not the hate of each other, it just seems like your all more interested in discrediting every one else than just playing some ball, cos thats what its all about, paintball nothing else :p

it was good fun paintball, nothing more, and yes craig and the rest want to publicise it and make thier 5 man sound good, who doesnt. and yes it was.

now pleeease stop discrediting this tournament,
For somebody who is seemingly at uni, you sure do seem a tad naive. This discussion isn't about politics, it's about deceiving paintballers with fraudulent claims.
I can tell by the tone and substance of your post you have a somewhat innocent and childish take on things and to suggest I am indulging myself in attacking these people because I hate them, is ridiculous.

Nah, this is the grown up world Oob, and in this world, you will be taken to account if you try to bullsh!t your way into people's wallets.
When you graduate, that's when the real learning will start !

J.C

Platinum Member
Everyone in favour of this super league is trying to ridicule me, the thing being the facts are there, it was advertised that you would have pro refs, you have 2 fields and two refs that have reffed a world cup, what about the rest of them. Barring Jim and little Ad I bet I could wipe all over them, how can you call that pro reffing.

The team that won was Northern Storm, no offence but half of you I believe played for furious/ Furion and I was one to start training you - Dont quote me on this it has been a long time since this happened and I do not know your current roster. The fact a div 4 UK masters team won the tournie says it all really, again no offence you aint upto playing div 1 at masters so the level of play isnt that good.

ohmybeer - you say you have no affiliation with just paintball or point blank where the so called super league is based, but Teeside Uni are looking for sponsorship and it looks like you will be sponsored by Just ????????????.

To everyone else I have been around for a while, I know paintball is to a degree about politics, I just hate false advertising, which is basically what is happening. Everyone says we are going to do this we are going to do that but the super league still hasn't lived up to what was claimed and to be honest in my eyes never will.

Fair enough create a tournament that is there to encourage rec ball players to make the transistion to tournie ball but why come on to a forum primarily made up of tournie ballers and spout what is a load of sh!t to them.

just my 2p worth

James

Status
Not open for further replies.