Welcome To P8ntballer.com
The Home Of European Paintball

Support 4 Soldiers

Status
Not open for further replies.

Deville

Mar 27, 2012
great job for raising that amount of money :)
Im not sure a spreadsheet is the proof some people will want, especialy with the largest amounts blacked out.
before anyone says no im not witch hunting just stating a point.
I have family and friends in the army and raf and respect the hard work charities do.
I think if you look at it properly the bits with the black outs are the amounts that are paid out and if you READ the summary each amount paid out has a description as to where it went. That's the way i read it any way.

Deville

Mar 27, 2012
Think it's a fantastic effort by those involved in raising money for needy causes especially for the armed forces personnel and it's dependants.

I think it's a crying shame that H4H's is no longer around as the only people that suffer are the recipients.
H4H is still around, this was for S4S, a different initative.

WildWayz

The Moose God
Dec 19, 2004
Batley, Near Leeds
paintball.moose-shack.com
I read it more as the names of individuals who got it, not organisations. For example
The final donation of £1,652.78 will go to an Army wife based in Chester. The lady involved organises activities for the wives and children whose father/husband are currently serving in Afghanistan. The daily worry for the families left behind is significant so anything to take their minds off what is happening in Afghanistan is welcome. Additionally, the soldiers in theatre receive a massive moral boost when they know that effort is being made back home to keep their families happy. So the Support for Soldiers donation will pay for the wives and children of one Army unit currently in Afghanistan to go to Chester Zoo for the day and the activity will be transmitted to the guys in theatre so they are aware of the activity.
The lady probably doesnt want her name posted on these forums - but she is acting on behalf of other families.

Last edited:

Dusty

Don't run, you'll only die tired....
May 19, 2004
Northern Ireland
This is hardly an official document of any kind.

This topic is nothing but trouble and neither "side" will be happy with any kind of answer here so I'm locking this thread. there have already been a couple of snidey comments and we're still on page 1.

Let the people who have issue with each other sort it out between themselves, the rest of you would be best advise to keep playing paintball and having fun.......

Status
Not open for further replies.