Welcome To P8ntballer.com
The Home Of European Paintball

Tachyon XC Camera

Ahdinko

Team Apocalypse.
Jun 12, 2006
Stevenage, Hertfordshire
http://www.tachyoninc.com/main.html

Anyone had any experiences with this camera? Been looking around for a little bit for an action camera, seems for decent quality you need a good camera attached to a camcorder or the like.

However, I've just seen this beast. Looking at some high quality You-Tube vids of it.. its f**king amazing!

I'm dead tempted to get it, as it seems great quality, cheap, and will take upto 32gb SDHC card (good luck finding anything else to do that). Just wondering if there are any downfalls anyone knows of?

jus

Bulldogs
Mar 18, 2006
stafford
the specs look better than the ATC5K for the same money.... its similar in size too. however it does look as tho it will hang further away from the barrel on their mount but you do get an lcd on the ATC but only a 4gig card

SAMUEL.D.RYAN

one.man.band
Mar 17, 2007
Cambridge/Huntingdon
Yeah, their own mount is the reason I'd go for a 3k over it. It doesn't look as indestructible as the Oregon cameras either, but the main reason I wasn't a fan, was that I couldn't find a UK supplier during the 10 mins I researched them.

Ahdinko

Team Apocalypse.
Jun 12, 2006
Stevenage, Hertfordshire
I did look at the ATC5k as it was similarly priced, but the low battery life and low recording time (cause of space limitations) made me steer towards the Tachyon.

I've just ordered one, had to buy from the states but the price vs what you get seems worth it. Cost me £138 total with postage, and a decent 8gb SD card.
Its also a bit lighter and smaller than any of the ATC ones, and according to reviews it doesn't suffer the same battery connection issues the 2k and 3k do.

I'll let you guys know if its any good.

Ahdinko

Team Apocalypse.
Jun 12, 2006
Stevenage, Hertfordshire
Damn, tracking says it got released with charges from UK customs today. That'll probably be another £20 on the cost :(

Hopefully I can still get it for Monday though, as I'm playing tuesday and would like to give it a test.

Lucky

Platinum Member
Sep 1, 2004
rochester, UK
Just linking myself into your thread as i'd be interested to know how you got on. I've always been interested in one of these for my mountainbike;)

gambo47

Jun 20, 2007
scotland
www.youtube.com
cameras

looks good imagery, the review on www.helmetcamreview.com does highlight a couple of issues too, but my one concern is the size of the protrusion that you'd have either on a pair of goggles or on the gun.
I still think the blackeye cam does fine and when I wear it it doesn't obstruct the view or provide a bigger target.
I am always up for a higher res, indestructable video camera that would be made for paintball. Just none are made yet...