Welcome To P8ntballer.com
The Home Of European Paintball

Taking markers on planes.

Codiak

GWC 2010 #23
Dec 2, 2004
Newcastle
www.codiak.co.uk
Ok am I right in thinking this is ok to do so long as the marker is in the hold baggage and not being taken into the cabin.

Am I to volunteer any information or just wait and see if anyone asks any questions?

Im not taking my air bottle with me but best ask if I ever do, do I just need to de-gas the bottle and remove the regulator for everything to be ok.

Rider

scottishwarriors.co.uk
we just took 4 tib8s, 20 SP8s and an SP1 to germany and back. fine on the way out - had to explain the tib8 on the way back tho - but security were cool when it was expained it was for paintball.

no one else asked any questions.......

best bet is to dismanatle markers as much as possible to remove the "gun" appearance as it passes through the baggage x-ray. stick a copy of PGi and your manual in the bag too for good measure.

Tom Allen

TFP
Jul 4, 2003
Cardiff
we just took 4 tib8s, 20 SP8s and an SP1 to germany and back. fine on the way out - had to explain the tib8 on the way back tho - but security were cool when it was expained it was for paintball.

no one else asked any questions.......

best bet is to dismanatle markers as much as possible to remove the "gun" appearance as it passes through the baggage x-ray. stick a copy of PGi and your manual in the bag too for good measure.
Been there, same situation at Frankfurt. :eek::)

J@mes

If in doubt, flat out!
Jul 11, 2006
Wakefield, West Yorks.
don't you need a certain stamp to take guns into Germany?

I know BMi are a bit crap, and have a no tolerance policy with anything gun like

-James

Rider

scottishwarriors.co.uk
yeah markers are meant to be f-stamped, plus any marker actually purchased in germany should have a velocity cap (eg: the tippy's on sale at mahlwinkel all had the velocity screw infilled).

none of ours were and the german security never bothered to check them for one either when they were pulled.

the newer ion body kits (and i'd guess the XE) have the f-stamp marking (an F in a pentagon) moulded onto them along with the other safety notices.

you can declare your marker when you come into the country and get it stamped - a physical metal puch-stamp-thingy - they bash onto your frame (or anywhere flatish).

Codiak

GWC 2010 #23
Dec 2, 2004
Newcastle
www.codiak.co.uk
could end up being 3 markers in one bag, got manuals but not got any copies of PGi lurking about, will have to just print of some paintball stuff from the net.

not traveling to germany thank god as i dont think any have an "F" stamp and dont like the sound of losing a marker. :eek:

J@mes

If in doubt, flat out!
Jul 11, 2006
Wakefield, West Yorks.
could end up being 3 markers in one bag, got manuals but not got any copies of PGi lurking about, will have to just print of some paintball stuff from the net.

not traveling to germany thank god as i dont think any have an "F" stamp and dont like the sound of losing a marker. :eek:
Who are you flying with?

-James