Welcome To P8ntballer.com
The Home Of European Paintball

Tank output pressure ?

Igor

Feb 28, 2017
Upgraded my old tank reg for ninja reg. What pressure should i use, the lowest as possible? I use my tank with an Empire AXE and Gog enmey.

BOD

The brotherhood
Aug 1, 2003
YORK
Visit site
I generally go with what the gun manual says. Your bottle output pressure should always be a bit higher than your guns operating pressure to make sure the regs operate properly.

Igor

Feb 28, 2017
I generally go with what the gun manual says. Your bottle output pressure should always be a bit higher than your guns operating pressure to make sure the regs operate properly.
Can u specify, how much higher tank out put pressure should be? What pressure difference works the best? Should the reg pressure be a 20,50 or 100% higher than operating pressure?

rkohal

Jun 2, 2016
Tallinn, Estonia
Otherwise marker operating pressure does not charge up fast enough and you will get drops in velocity.. Maybe someone else can confirm this knowledge?

Igor

Feb 28, 2017
That would be very helpful, if somebody already made some kind of tests. Searchd through the internet and didn`t find any accurate info on this.

Tom

Tom
Nov 27, 2006
Salisbury
www.TaskForceDelta.co.uk
If someone trials output pressures it would be interesting to see their results.

But in general it is:

Too low an output pressure and you won't get a decent shot, or an extremely low pressure won't cylcle.

A gun without a regulator needs the cylinders regulator within a set range, but a gun with a regulator can accept higher pressures.

If the cylinders output regulator matches the guns operating pressure then you can only shoot as quickly as the combination of both regualtors refresh each other. Therefore you ideally want to have more pressure ready to go, and the time between shots is then dependant on how quickly the guns regulator cycles and the 'chamber' is refreshed.

It does not matter how high the pressure waiting is, provided that it is not far too high at such a level that the regulator either fails and leaks or vents itself for safety.

e.g. When the Dye Dam was released with the original bolt, when using 'High pressure' cylinder regulators at the old school level of 800/850psi the Dam bolt system leaked air, or had to be adjusted right down and then couldn't get up to velocity.

Dye released a free updated bolt which could handle the excessive pressure.

Unless your guns regulator can't cope with the input pressure then it doesn't matter how much pressure is ready and waiting. There is no loss of efficiency other than the amount of air vented from the ASA when you disconnect.

1) Can you shoot at the velocity you require

2) If you fire off a burst or a constant rope of paint, can you sustain the rate of fire

Anything else is overthinking

If you fine tune so that the cylinder output is just enough to sustain fire on a specific gun, then that cylinder may not sustain fire on the next gun.

Reactions: Igor

systemx

Peace through superior firepower
Jul 3, 2011
London
There is a lot of useful info here,

http://www.pbnation.com/showthread.php?t=4158401#/topics/4158401?page=2&_k=5ve26n

look for the posts from Robotech. But the rule of thumb is having about a 400psi difference between bottle regulator output and the HPR on your marker. I.e. If your marker runs nicely at 150psi such as an M2 then a bottle output of 550psi is spot on.

I run my M2 in the 140-150psi range with a Ninja pro V2 set at 550psi and it's beautifully consistent with very little or no shoot down right until the tank is virtually empty and that gives me about 7 pods (160's) + a hopper on a single 4.5K fill.

Anyway Have a look at the thread on PB nation it's explained in far more detail.

Last edited:
Reactions: Igor

Igor

Feb 28, 2017
Thanks guys ! Read a lot of useful information. As i see everybody agrees, that output pressure should be 300-400 psi higher, than marker operating pressure. So i`l stick with that.

Tommo_Thomson

May 29, 2017
Haverhill
Well that's saved me creating a thread, as that PB nation link covered the DAM as I wanted to know what the sweet spot was.

I best look about to see if I can find some reg recommendations now