Welcome To P8ntballer.com
The Home Of European Paintball

tank rehyroding all 3 stamps

Tom

Tom
Nov 27, 2006
Salisbury
www.TaskForceDelta.co.uk
ah,so if you buy a tristamed tank and rehydro it on just say only a pi cert then carries all 3 certs get carried over?.
but if you just buy a pi stamped tank(single cert) you cant add anymore certs to that tank its just a pi stamp until deth no matter what you do.
Yes
Strictly speaking the test isn't a DOT/TC/TPED(Pi) test, it's a test that the cylinder is still within tolerance

DOT/TC/Pi are original markings that it is manufactured and approved to the standards of by the Department of Transport(US), Transport Canada, and/or Transportable Pressure Equipment Directive (Europe).
Pre TPED we had British Standard numbers. Before BREXIT kicks in we have to decide whether the existing legislation and the TPED standard remains, or that we create new British standards
A new standard may be a bit inconvenient if it means new cylinder manufacture post BREXIT have to be approved for a British standard

paintgod

Aug 20, 2007
Yes
Strictly speaking the test isn't a DOT/TC/TPED(Pi) test, it's a test that the cylinder is still within tolerance

DOT/TC/Pi are original markings that it is manufactured and approved to the standards of by the Department of Transport(US), Transport Canada, and/or Transportable Pressure Equipment Directive (Europe).
Pre TPED we had British Standard numbers. Before BREXIT kicks in we have to decide whether the existing legislation and the TPED standard remains, or that we create new British standards
A new standard may be a bit inconvenient if it means new cylinder manufacture post BREXIT have to be approved for a British standard
so the test is just like say "the tank is still safe to use" it passes therefore a tristamp is still a tristamp.

BOD

The brotherhood
Aug 1, 2003
YORK
Visit site
This my take on it, if you bought a new tri stamped bottle it's legal to use in europe, usa and canada until it's hydro tested after 5 years, if you got it tested over here then that test would only cover europe but it would still be legal to use in the usa or canada but you would have to get it tested over there before you can use it.

paintgod

Aug 20, 2007
This my take on it, if you bought a new tri stamped bottle it's legal to use in europe, usa and canada until it's hydro tested after 5 years, if you got it tested over here then that test would only cover europe but it would still be legal to use in the usa or canada but you would have to get it tested over there before you can use it.

this is why im confused,at the moment there isnt 1 test to regive all 3 certs

Tom

Tom
Nov 27, 2006
Salisbury
www.TaskForceDelta.co.uk
this is why im confused,at the moment there isnt 1 test to regive all 3 certs
I thought your original question was about adding standards through a test

Me and bod have a differing opinion on the status of conducting the rehydro test
I feel that the test confirms the bottle continues to comply with its standards

But a hydro tester here is approved to European standards, the us and Canada to their country standards
So it's a fair statement that a test conducted here is TPED compliant and may not be DOT/TC compliant

When you are on site and want to use your bottle It comes down to the bottle checker as to whether you're allowed to use it
When I'm checking bottles I'll have an overview first of how the bottle looks, (if the regulator is bent and the fibre wrap is battered then I'm not letting you fill it near me), then is it UK legal (Pi) and in date, if necessary for the test label
If you have a us test but the cylinder is DOT & Pi then I'll take my judgement that I think it is good and safe
Someone else may say they are happy with parts of it but don't like a foreign test,and won't accept it on that basis