Welcome To P8ntballer.com
The Home Of European Paintball

Tatoo's

tiffer

Ha,ha....................
May 31, 2005
Visit site
I've recently returned from me hols and I found that it seems more common now to have a tatoo than not.
Even the "bloaters" have them,why they want to draw attention to themselves is beyond me....:eek:
My question for you to ponder is how you go about chosing a certain design and why:confused:
From the school-daze indian ink jobs to the full back-piece,whatever;my girlfriend has "love" and "hat" tatooed on her knuckles....
Curious and bored......;)

My cousin cletus in the deeeep south has a splatmaster tatooed on his left calf(paintball realted touch)...

sabatman

HEY U GUYS!!
Dec 11, 2006
Swindon,wilts
I have a tattoo on my arm and it took months to find what design to have , i have flames going up my arm but i didnt want the same as everyone else so i tried to make it different, the way i done that is by just checking out tattoo sites on the net finding a good tattoo and just adding your own touch to it so its unique. A very good tattoo site is bmezine.com (and you dont have to pay for the pics). Worst thing is if you pick a tattoo from a tattoo artists wall in the shop, more than likely you will be sat next to someone on the bus and they will have the exact same tattoo as you how gay..

Panthro

LEGO 4 Life
Dec 30, 2005
Bristol
tats

Dude, weired question. Usually designs are picked to mark a momentous occasion i.e birth of first child. Or as a personal expression, like your name on the back of your neck in case you forget it or something like that.

Problem is the likes of Beckham, Robbie Williams, her who does big brother and the rest do it then all of a sudden tattoo's become fashion accessories. not remember the Celtic arm buzz of the late 90's. same with piercings they just ain't unique anymore hence why they are more common place. It is seen as the cool in thing to be seen with, like Hilton and her dogs.

Personally I chose something that represents the way i feel at the time, but think its way bad to do the name thing, have a mate with a massive scar where his girlfriend name used to be. But I have seen someone with the eclipse banner on his neck, quite cool.

Work related have to make sure they are hidden:(

Cook$

Just the tip....
Jul 7, 2001
Championsville
Just get something cool, try to follow a theme, keep them big and connectable (i.e. don't be a robbie williams sketchbook) and don't have anything flavour of the month...

KitsuneAndy

Platinum Member
Dude, weired question. Usually designs are picked to mark a momentous occasion i.e birth of first child. Or as a personal expression, like your name on the back of your neck in case you forget it or something like that.
I disagree, I think that's the more 'chav' thing to do (I'm not saying that anyone that has a tat like that is a chav, but it does seem the general mentality in that crowd) It also seems the choice of celebrities. There's a few guys at work with their surname tattoo'd down their forearms, no idea why that ever came into fashion tbh.

Tattoo's are more common now, I've noticed that around Norwich you now see a lot more on display than you did even 5 or 6 years ago.

Tattoo's have always been a big thing in the 'alternative' scene and I bet most people that get them done is just because they like the design and want to decorate their body.

I have the NiN logo on the inside of my left wrist, love the band, think he's a great musician and is a big influence in what I try and do musically.

I also have 3 skulls and a tribal design on the top of the left arm, designed by a good friend of mine. I'm thinking about getting the tribal part extended over my shoulder and across my back. No reason other than I think it'd look cool.

P.S.

Random Tattoo fact: In Ghost Rider they had to cover up his tattoo, of Ghost Rider

Panthro

LEGO 4 Life
Dec 30, 2005
Bristol
I have the NiN logo on the inside of my left wrist, love the band, think he's a great musician and is a big influence in what I try and do musically.
not a contradiction there, is having trent's band tattooed on your wrist not a personal expression?

Reznor is a musical genius I don't doubt that. What i was trying to say you worded better. tattoo's with piercing's where an "alternative" thing. it is all about expression. Don't get me started on EMO's

they are now common place. I think a tatoo should be something personal, something about yourself, not a "i got this coz so and so did" regret

I am just imagining the explanation to the grand kids of "well when i was a young'n there was this footballer and............................" I followed him like a sheep.

KitsuneAndy

Platinum Member
not a contradiction there, is having trent's band tattooed on your wrist not a personal expression?

Reznor is a musical genius I don't doubt that. What i was trying to say you worded better. tattoo's with piercing's where an "alternative" thing. it is all about expression. Don't get me started on EMO's

they are now common place. I think a tatoo should be something personal, something about yourself, not a "i got this coz so and so did" regret

I am just imagining the explanation to the grand kids of "well when i was a young'n there was this footballer and............................" I followed him like a sheep.

Well, both reasons are valid IMO, the skulls and tribal I have, I have because I loved the design and I know I'm the only person with it as it was specifically tailored to what I wanted. It has no meaning behind it, I just like it, while the NiN logo most definitely is a personal expression and I know I won't regret having either done.

Tattoo's with meanings probably are 'better', it's cool when someone's body tells a story about their life through art.

I just don't think the 'majority' of people with tattoo's have them to mark a momentous occasion.

Dskize

I Would
Dec 6, 2004
Duntryin
Mine are all about frame of mind at the time ..including the one i regret from when I was a kid..tat's should be personal, not because its trendy (IE Robbie/Beckham has one) try and avoid the flash on the walls and as Cooks said try and keep them connected or at least 'Themed' there is nothing worse than random tats all over the body ..It's what we call 'stamp collecting' ;)

Be warned ..it's very addictive (i've spent about £3-4000) ..Think about it first as you may decide to keep going and it's a good idea to plan it out from the start.

Robin Hood

Formerly Jermy
Feb 6, 2002
An island in the rain
What kinda tats you got Dskize?

Anyone watch Inked or Miami ink? Was watching it the other day, got some real whackos on there he get the stupidest stuff done, some real works of art too though.