Welcome To P8ntballer.com
The Home Of European Paintball

Taunting

wingofheero

Apr 10, 2002
Here
Visit site
man, i'm going to try that this saturday, i'm going to a party at a feild i laughed enough looking at what sytraxz wrote, i'll be able to pick off my friends who probably wont realize they've been shot. oh ya, i've tried those insults things on some newbs. unfortonantly, one time i yelled it at some one i thought was a newb, it was a freakin ref!:eek:

SYTRAXZ

Sytraxz Graphics inc.
Feb 18, 2002
New York
lol

Originally posted by wingofheero
man, i'm going to try that this saturday, i'm going to a party at a feild i laughed enough looking at what sytraxz wrote, i'll be able to pick off my friends who probably wont realize they've been shot. oh ya, i've tried those insults things on some newbs. unfortonantly, one time i yelled it at some one i thought was a newb, it was a freakin ref!:eek:
whoops!lol looks like u had a close call, make sure it doesnt happen again, or else u may get yelled at.sure go ahead try it.:)

KillerOnion

Lord of the Ringtones
You know, it would make an interesting study indeed for a psychology major at a local university to keep track of the effectiveness of on field heckling. Perhaps a tally of excess looking, visible laughter, shots in excess of the norm, percentage of the team shooting and looking at you as a departure from the norm (MUST HAVE CONTROL GROUPS HERE!), etc. It would take a lot of attention to detail, but it could be done and would be very amusing for them and a departure from their normal routine of shocking rats to get them to reach up for a food pellet.

SpectorX

Apr 12, 2002
Jersey baybe!
Visit site
Actually, I think visual tauting is much better, like when some one is out of range and is emptying pod after pod trying to hit you, and the balls just roll right past, then you lift up your gun and they hit the dirt...its quite funny. :D

KillerOnion

Lord of the Ringtones
Blah, good visual taunting is when you have a bit of chrome on your gun, even better the whole body, where you can flash someone in the eye with the sun reflecting off of them when they're out of range of your paint, blind them temporarily, then move on them. I've seen it done more than once, and it's hilarious when you get to witness it.

SYTRAXZ

Sytraxz Graphics inc.
Feb 18, 2002
New York
well

well if u want the extreme of visual taunting you can always try the finger..... but id say that yelling would be better than visual becausew u can taunt from behind a bunker that way.

KillerOnion

Lord of the Ringtones
Giving the finger can draw penalties at times. You don't want that. You see that upon occasions from people that got shot out after bouncing a few off the other team and/or suspecting them of playing on or as a response to trash talk, and refs don't take kindly to it at all. I've 141'd one guy for it (well, he did some talking too, but that kinda took the cake) and seen a LOT of other refs do the same or worse.